TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
If I had my way, I'd be riding all over this Province from April to November...
Beautiful country. Wife and I are planning a trip which will include Whistler, Kamloops and Kelowna late June.
Wanted to include Victoria Island, but ferry booking did not work out: Horseshoe Bay to Nanaimo was already booked and Swartz Bat to Tsawwassen was not yet available to reserve.

Sure enjoyed Alberta (Jasper and Banff) a few years ago.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Beautiful country. Wife and I are planning a trip which will include Whistler, Kamloops and Kelowna late June.
Wanted to include Victoria Island (Vancouver Island), but ferry booking did not work out: Horseshoe Bay to Nanaimo was already booked and Swartz Bat to Tsawwassen was not yet available to reserve.
Reservations are convenient but not necessary, particularly if you're not traveling on holiday weekends. HB to Nanaimo ferries generally run every 2 hours year-round, and by June the Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay ferry should run hourly. There is a third option between Tsawwassen and Duke Point (15 min south of Nanaimo) that runs every 2.5 hours. The ferries have non-reservable space for first come first served, and extra sailings (all non-reservable I think) on most major routes to pick up the overflow on long weekends. It's worth coming over to the island if you have the time.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Wanted to include Victoria Island, but ferry booking did not work out: Horseshoe Bay to Nanaimo was already booked and Swartz Bat to Tsawwassen was not yet available to reserve.

Sure enjoyed Alberta (Jasper and Banff) a few years ago.
Kamloops and Kelowna area have some good TW riding.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Try the Kijiji app and set an alarm. I found a 2015 with 300kms on it for $3800 in Port Alberni 10 days ago.
I bought it!
Still searching....still finding nothing.

Well, "nothing" that appeals....there have been a couple showing up on CL but they are either too far or too expensive.

I'll keep looking....

·
Registered
311 Posts
Try the Kijiji app and set an alarm. I found a 2015 with 300kms on it for $3800 in Port Alberni 10 days ago.
I bought it!
Nice find and good deal!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Kijij.....Yeah there are a few available...in Prince George...Nelson...Cranbrook....all further than I am willing to travel! :sad1:

I'll just go into "patience" mode...................something is sure to pop up at an opportune time!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Damn....missed a 2002 for $ 2150 on CL. Only had 4300 kms on it!
Poster put the ad up but forgot to include any contact information and when he finally realized this and changed the ad, someone swooped down and beat me to it............damn!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
image.png
Sounds like the same bike I PMed you about on Facebook this morning

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Still in the market....although I am kind of in a bad place in terms of financing right now.
I bought a 2007 Duramax at the end of May and I've done nothing but throw money at it since....$700 for an inter-cooler pipe....$500 for an alternator (that didn't need to be replaced)...$900 for belt and front wheel bearing...now, they tell me it needs a new set of injectors ($4000- $7000)...the thing is breaking my bank!!!!
We also had to get towed from Merritt to home back in June (about 120 miles WITH travel trailer) which is when I realized that I didn't want it anymore....strange because I did my homework and that year's model was supposed to be the "best" of the bunch...

So I can't really afford to buy another TW right now...............maybe come September or so.

This truck has killed my "buzz"....and is occupying too much of my time. I haven't put in any substantial rides in weeks....major bummer!:(

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Well fine folks....it looks as though I won't be re-joining the fold at this time.
Found a nice 2009 XT250 that I couldn't pass up.

However.....I may still sell the DR come next season, so another TW in the stable isn't entirely out of the question.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
OK...it's only been 5 months, but I've discovered that I'm really not that attached to the 250 either....peppy and fun, but just not quite "there".

It's as if the TW was my "first love" and I can't get over it...in other words, I am STILL looking for one. Judging by the response I received when I put the XT up for sale, it won't be difficult to get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
OK...the fact of the matter is that this 250 doesn't tickle me in the slightest....so it went back up for sale in earnest, today.

Since I last posted, I've still been looking for a TW, but can't find one anywhere....while guys on other forums and Facebook go on about how they "picked up this one for under $3000......and what a hoot it is to ride...blah, blah, blah!"
There are a couple of older ones....94 and 92 but I don't feel like going THAT far back in time...

On the up side, I did find myself another truck...a 2012 F250 SD with the 6-speed transmission...and less than 70,000 miles. Now, the cherry-on-top would be a nice 2010 TW200 in the back....coming home with me!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just looked online and this is the only TW for sale by owner in BC and AB. I guess no one wants to part with their TW's knowing that the summer is just around the corner.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/pml/mpo/d/port-moody-2014-tw200-yamaha/6848852621.html

Last year in October I picked up my 2018 with 300kms on it for $4000 in Cranbrook. It was kind of crazy because there were 3 2018's with under 500kms for sale in BC at the same time.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts