TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I had a Truck Lite rep give me some lights for my HMMWV and i decided to cut up one bracket to make a headlight bracket and installed a 7" LED light. I hope this makes since. Cut me a little slack, this is a rough draft, I spent all of 30 minutes cutting and welding this up. I will remove it and clean up welds and paint. I may even look on ebay for a small fairing to cover the top or remove my GPS and hand guards and make it look like a cafe racer. The new light is soooo much better than the old. Go to the Truck Lite site and go to accessories mounts and brackets for 7" light. I can't get my pictures to upload on the site. So I will tell you how I did it. I cut 1.75 " off bracket and welded it onto side to make a mount. Then I drilled a hole in the tab left to pinch the sides together to hold the light. Put the light in, tighten new pinch bolt. Install rubber grommets off old square light, put a washer on brass extension from old light the goes into rubber with 10mm bolt. rough light inside.jpeg led on bike off.jpeg led on .jpeg on bike close up barn.jpeg on bike barn.jpeg

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you can buy the bracket at 4 wheel parts and a little welding and drill one hole its done. You don't even have to mess with the turn signals. I found a cafe racer fairing on ebay for about $75 but I kinda like it raw. You can use a regular headlight too, I did in one of the pics, it just bleeds a little light back thru the wire hook up.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Looks good! I think there is a limit of pics per post, 5 I think. Simply try to add some pics, post the post, and start a new post. (If that makes sense, LOL...)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took the bike for a 40 mile trip today and without the stock fairing and the jim shield it was actually a pleasure to ride 55 mph. There was no noticeable wind hitting my chest or helmet like before. Now I like the looks so much I want a little bigger machine to maybe travel 2 up at higher speeds. The new Moto Guzzi V7 Special looks pretty awesome . Throw some scrambler tires on it and it would be the ticket. BUT, the TW is paid for…..

·
Registered
195 Posts
Good job! That's got a really nice look to it. Are the LED's noticeably better at night? (I imagine they are)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, but my bracket wasn't quite right and was aimed a little high. I haven't ridden at night since I gouund off the corners and got the light aimed a little lower. The col thing about my install is I can be back to all stock in 10 minutes. Another thing , if you guys can't afford an LED light, all you need is a bracket and regular light bulb and have the same look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts