TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some time today and installed the stainless 225 pipe on the TW. I read on another thread that the OP had to take a 1/2" off the pipe to get it to fit and I found that it was good advice. Trying to get the pipe on without taking the 1/2" off might make you think you got the wrong pipe. Slid right on afterwards. I used the chromed bracket that came on the OEM pipe. Looks pretty good. I'm sure there's a stainless muffler in the future. If you got one you like let me know who made it. Here's some pictures.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had some time today and installed the stainless 225 pipe on the TW. I read on another thread that the OP had to take a 1/2" off the pipe to get it to fit and I found that it was good advice. Trying to get the pipe on without taking the 1/2" off might make you think you got the wrong pipe. Slid right on afterwards. I used the chromed bracket that came on the OEM pipe. Looks pretty good. I'm sure there's a stainless muffler in the future. If you got one you like let me know who made it. Here's some pictures.

Is that headpipe from a XT-225 or a TTR-225? or they identical anyway...

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
mine was labeled as being from an XT225, and i didn't have to cut any off to mount it to my 1994 tdub. IFRC i didn't have to either after swapping in the ttr225 motor.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I put one from a XT 225 a few months ago. Came very gunky, looked new after a couple hours of scrubbing. I had to cut off 1/2 inch of pipe to get it stuffed into muffler assembly. I got a good deal on the head pipe, like it's look, its rust protection and I noticed a slight quieter "report". The difference in sound could be from the stainless or from the tighter fit of head pipe into muffler assembly because of length.

·
Registered
40 Posts
"That's very shiny."

Compared with the nasty rusty thing it replaced, it surely is. Nothing wrong with functional bling. Will still bead blast the original and give it some BBQ black. I actually found this forum looking for a good way to treat the header, consequentially found out about the rust free option and ran with it. Bike has only 300 miles on it... and I put ten percent of those on it riding it home. The dirt from day one was still on it... 12 years later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts