TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 14 TW and installed the JNS headlight. I noticed last night that the high beam indicator does not work. Is this related? I haven't even tried to troubleshoot yet..

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
If it’s the dash light that’s not working it’s quick and easy to test the bulb. Remove the two screws and swap with the neutral bulb. It could be related to your JNS install but I’d check the bulb first since it’s so easy. There might be a metal post on the bottom of the assembly with a cotter pin that you have to remove, but I think that’s only on the back of the speedo assembly, not the indicator assembly.

I’ve had to replace quite a few of those bulbs, so I’m now replacing them with cheapo LEDs.

And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
303 Posts
The high beam indicator works on mine even with no headlight plugged in so I doubt the headlight is to blame. It's a little 194 automotive bulb. Super cheap/generic. You can get LED replacements for like a buck online. If you do, match the LED to the indicator color (so for high beam, get a blue LED neutral get a green one). White leds behind a colored lens tend to wash out and you get a "sunburst" look.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Ha! If you live in Charlotte, hopefully we can ride some dirt together at some point. Also, welcome to a great group and a great bike.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hmm. I ordered the JNS replacement LED headlamp and it was very simple plug and play for everything to work. The only thing with the JNS that would require other mods is the daytime running light—requires you to put in a switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts