TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new front tire today and my new tube, read label on picture carefully. Anyway, I spooned off the old tire and on with the new in less than 45 minutes and took my test ride. Where I used to hate to venture up toward 55 mph, is now a breeze. The singing stock tire is gone and the vibrations at 50+ mph. I wonder if the rear will be that big of a difference. Good thing I didnt need a tube. Got to reading the package and since they sent me a cheap chain, I called them to get my tube and send their chain back. chain.jpeg

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
There should be some standard limiting just how junky a chain can be. Who here needs such an inexpensive and crappy chain when a much higher quality chain is available and for not all that much more. Given how difficult the front sprocket is to replace I would certainly invest in the highest quality drive components just for the extended change intervals.

GaryL

·
Registered
13,328 Posts
The singing stock tire is gone and the vibrations at 50+ mph.tube. QUOTE]

...and if you think the stock front tire sang, you should try riding the TW with an SR244 on pavement! I need earplugs when I ride on the pavement! ...but then again I ride mostly on dirt!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
If you spend most of the time on pavement the 203/204 combo works very well. It all most turned the Dub into a sport bike on the Dragon.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
My wife and I have that front tire............................................................... "LOVE IT" (o; We ride hard pack gravel, not sugar sand.. OMM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts