TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I installed a Battery Tender Jack today. I'm not sure what that little welded on loop was used for on my bike. It sure made an excellent spot to install the connector. It's far enough away from the pipe that it doesn't burn. All the connections were soldered and wrapped with heat shrink and fused.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I'm on a cell phone so pics( but they opened) are small.
That loop looks(?) like the one for battery vent tube. If it is you might want to check your battery vent tube routing.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought my TW used off Craig's list. It had a new battery. I'll check to see if it needs a vent. I'm guessing there is some sort of nipple on the battery?

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rats... now I have to go out and take that damn seat off again

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I see your Battery vent tube in the last photo next to the shock.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
then mine was not installed right from the dealer I bought my bike new but it set in the showroom for over a year and the battery was dead. so I was told to come back in six hours the battery was on a slow charge. so his is vented just like mine was near the shock.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
My battery vent hose was kinked and it blew the cap off so I got acid all over the bike found the hose under the battery. 10429577_10202934832723889_75955984_o.jpg I now have a sealed battery.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I bought mine used from a dealer. I posted my issues in my thread Hello best years?
So I also had vent tube issues. Never personally had a battery blow. But couple of times I've come close, with my plow trucks. And more than a few of my friends have. Cycle battery holds less acid but it's still acid.
I'd rather OP check and us both be wrong than right.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was just kidding about being upset. The information and knowledge on your forum is excellent. You guys ROCK! I'm totally enjoying posting and learning. My TW is just another thing off my bucket list. Believe me when I tell you this. I live life hard if it's an outside sport I've just about done it. The only down side is finding someone to ride with dual sport style. It's a bit of a lonely sport without it.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
then mine was not installed right from the dealer I bought my bike new but it set in the showroom for over a year and the battery was dead. so I was told to come back in six hours the battery was on a slow charge. so his is vented just like mine was near the shock.
Zdiver1 we also love diving. Myself and my twin girls started diving about 6 years ago. They were 11 and we have close to 60 dives each together. We dove Grand Turks and Freeport this year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts