TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My step-son just bought himself a Suzuki 650 "crotch-rocket." (Can't recall right off-hand the model, but it's scary-fast). I knew if I was to have any hope of keeping up with him on even a casual ride there was only one answer - Afterburners!

So... a couple of hours at the workbench and I had 'em ready! Just stand clear when I fire'em up!

OK, maybe not. What these really are are my newly installed Agri-Supply storage tubes which I learned of in another thread here. I simply mounted them to my rack with zip-ties and, having found some reflectors the same diameter as the end cap at Harbor Freight, stuck those on. The tubes will hold bottles of water, cans of your favorite beverage, tools, a first aid kit, or whatever else you dream up. They are 12" long and 3 1/4" in diameter. I like 'em!

Get 'em here -- AgriSupply

·
Registered
231 Posts
lookin good! the reflectors are a perfect fit!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
You will want to keep an eye on those wire ties. I've found that even the black (uv resistant), but especially the white ones get brittle with age and or wear with vibration. I can think of innumerable ones that I have found either broken or missing where I tied something onto the TW. I'd bolster with real metal bands or the strongest wire ties I could get unless its something you remove frequently enough to keep the ties fresh. Tom

·
Registered
404 Posts
You can actually fit a 33oz bottle of fuel in those agrisupply containers.

These images come from this Advrider thread (the credit goes to murgatroid42)

I have 2 on my Vstrom and will put two in the Tdub. The will give me 1/2 a gallon extra of gas, about 30-40 miles of extra range.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Another piece of info, you can use break/carb cleaner to remove the yellow graphics, in a matter of seconds.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another piece of info, you can use break/carb cleaner to remove the yellow graphics, in a matter of seconds.

I used Goof Off, per someone elses recommendation and the yellow paint came off very easily.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great tubes on fire!

I like them too:

I mounted mine under the rack so I had room for the action packer on top.

You can fit a medium size trunk with the tubes on top of the rack too.

That is what I did on my KLR.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for the heads up and link to Agrisupply.

A few people on fleaBay are selling the same things for $12-38...

I much prefer $5 each!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Gunner, Good tip on the flex uffs. Thats what I was thinking about but thankfully have little experience with the forceful side of the law and have not been close to them for some time. The cops in NOLA during MardiGras carry them like handfuls of spaghetti. Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts