TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 TW 200, I'm 21, I learned how to change my oil all the basics but never learned how to change chains. I bought a o-ring chain. How do I get the old one off? What do I have to do to put the new one on? Is there any instructions anywhere? Sry for the newbie question but being young i don't have the wisdom of you guys who been at it for years.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Those links pretty much have it. The only other things I can think of is the clips come off easiest with a good pair of regular square nose pliers end-on, ie one jaw on the pointy parts of the clip and another on a pin. Press the jaws together and 'hey presto' the clip comes off. That and feed the new chain on with the old one, ie, before you pull the old chain off, connect it temporarily to the new one with the master and use it to pull the new one around the front sprocket.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
If you don't have a masterlink press I've found that a small pair of vicegrips works well. Also paint the side plate of your master link a bright color like yellow to make it ez to find. It will also act as a start/stop point for chain lubing.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Paint the side plate of your master link a bright color like yellow to make it ez to find. It will also act as a start/stop point for chain lubing.

Good call. Sometimes the smallest tricks work the best.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Paint the side plate of your master link a bright color like yellow to make it ez to find. It will also act as a start/stop point for chain lubing.

Good call. Sometimes the smallest tricks work the best.
Small tricks and Loc-tite have saved the day for me many times!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts