TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved a bill that had been paid. Got it late as it went to the wrong address. Saw my ex on it so fixed the address and took her off the insurance thinking I would get a better rate as she didn't operate them anyway. Ha, Should not have said a word, my rate went up being single. Oh well, cheaper in long run. Now to find that gal that has a TW and loves to get out and ride.

·
Registered
20,158 Posts
Randall, when I lived in Washington I had insurance that covered just me irregardless of vehicle I operated and consequently was quite affordable ( here one insures all one's vehicles even though one can drive only one at a time).
Insurance is just another form of gambling anyways, and the house always wins statistically. You are betting your claims will exceed premiums while with it's actuarial tables the insurance company is betting you will accept a premium that allows them to collect more than they will ever pay out, plus a minimum profit acceptable to investors and management. You, the insured, get piece of mind and legal conformity. Insurance company gets operating expenses plus profit.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Randall, when I lived in Washington I had insurance that covered just me irregardless of vehicle I operated and consequently was quite affordable ( here one insures all one's vehicles even though one can drive only one at a time).
Insurance is just another form of gambling anyways, and the house always wins statistically. You are betting your claims will exceed premiums while with it's actuarial tables the insurance company is betting you will accept a premium that allows them to collect more than they will ever pay out, plus a minimum profit acceptable to investors and management. You, the insured, get piece of mind and legal conformity. Insurance company gets operating expenses plus profit.
Would like to know where you got that coverage, state farm doesn't have it.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Insurances is a scam. If you would just save (take what you're paying in premiums and save it) , be more carfule than 50.00009% of the other duoosch bags out there you will be better of in the long run.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm sure they told you how much it costs before you went in for your last medical visit right? why don't we have grocery insurance? lets not post the cost of any food and just pay for it later at whatever they want to charge us.

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
Plumb, check this place out. kemperspecialty.com 888-342-6595 I would suggest a call to them. Tell them you are interested in the broad form insurance. Could save you a lot of green if you have lots of vehicles. :) Keep us posted please. Not sure if they do bikes, let us know...

Broad Form Coverage
Unlike most auto policies, Broad Form Named Operator coverage (Broad Form) provides insurance on a specific driver, not the car. It’s an affordable car insurance option, because Broad Form customers pay one low price whether they own one car or more.

Would like to know where you got that coverage, state farm doesn't have it.

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
Supposedly it covers anything you're driving.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I currently have Geico. Their system is not that bad, but I need a policy that is more of what this Broad Form thing is.

There is a base policy then each bike adds money.

If everything is paid for and I am not including any fire and theft in this discussion, then a bike is a bike is a bike, no?

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
OK, I got the info for you guys, now someone call and find out the scoop. If it is better, post it up and then I'm changing from my Geico too!! :D
I currently have Geico. Their system is not that bad, but I need a policy that is more of what this Broad Form thing is.

There is a base policy then each bike adds money.

If everything is paid for and I am not including any fire and theft in this discussion, then a bike is a bike is a bike, no?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts