TW200 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Both of my street-bikes are fully insured. The TW's see about 1% use where they could cause an accident to others. I am insurance poor on medical, AFLAC, and my insurance agent says my policies will extend to other vehicles that are occasionally used, like test riding a friends bike, or buying a new one I am covered for 30 days. Still, there is always that rare chance, so I priced it out the other day and it is 19 bucks to add the '99, and 25 for the 2012, per month. I may just spend it. Besides, We were just riding them in Oregon, and they, like BC, are not reciprocal and require insurance. Heck, BC does not even recognize WA insurance that is on bikes and you have to have a special CA provision, That and the 40KPH over impound law are just 2 reasons I don't go up their to ride anymore.
glad to see you don't ride around uncovered, and i don't blame you for not coming up here to ride, if there is anyway for our government to screw the people, they will find it, what a bunch of commy thieves!!! i have 3 bikes on the road this year and it cost me around $800 for liability for 4-6 months and another $450 for a years worth of fire and theft and collision

·
Registered
504 Posts
Think some of the posters have more coverage than just the basic PL and PD... My 03 TW nor my Scoot has theft, fire etc.. They are not worth that coverage. If my shop burns down then the home owners covers it.

Jim

·
Registered
132 Posts
I live in the same "commy thieves" province as Grewen. I pay ~$600/yr for insurance on the little TW. And I have the highest discount rate (43%) for years of no claims or points.

All regulated by cc, not hp. Price goes up at 401cc and again at 751cc and again at 1151cc.

Don't think they are going to sell many low hp, big CC Royal Enfield Himilayans here...

·
Registered
699 Posts
I live in the same "commy thieves" province as Grewen. I pay ~$600/yr for insurance on the little TW. And I have the highest discount rate (43%) for years of no claims or points.

All regulated by cc, not hp. Price goes up at 401cc and again at 751cc and again at 1151cc.

Don't think they are going to sell many low hp, big CC Royal Enfield Himilayans here...
That’s insanity. With my bikes I’d prob ride off road only. F that noise.

·
Registered
34 Posts
With Progressive, I pay $54/yr for TW insurance in AZ - largely based on multiple policy discounts for bundling of cars, MC's, home & plup.

·
Registered
27 Posts
With multiple bikes, a independent insurance office searched various and set me up with Progressive... (Progressive groups the bikes on a single policy)

I had a couple State Farm motorcycle policies. Then I switched to a back up bike for a year... when I switched back to the original, the policy doubled. They said the original amount was over 10+ years ago.. Though I owned all bikes that long, they reinitiate cost when switching.

Now I have 4 bikes on progressive for less that the 2 on State Farm.

Note, I've had State Farm over 30 years, and still keep great discounts on 2 truck and 2nd vehicle policy.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts