TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to take my carb off for a good cleaning and I think I found my problem (stumble, surging at speed, etc)

The intake boot on the head side is bad, the rubber section came right off the metal flange and is old, brittle and

falling apart.

SO....I called my local yamaha shop and they have to order it (about 5 days from california to Olympia wa.) and said it would be $83

WOW....seems a bit steep to me.

Do I just pay it or does anyone else know of a better place to get a quality part??

(hoping I get answers soon as I want to get it on the way as quickly as possible)

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Wow! I would think you could find one for lower than that. I would use some radiator hose before forking out that much for one.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Given what has been presented, the price seems a bit high... It now seems that the option is to shop in 'cyber-space' or down the street as prices vary enough to make 'us' notice.

This is a personal opinion; most local dealers are unlikely able to match (comfortably) the prices offer by those 'in cyber space'. Keep that in mind. A good local dealer is valuable and worth supporting, even if you end up paying a 'bit more' for parts. Those that are marginal, "I say" who cares.

We all need to decide if our 'local' source is worth supporting given what they are 'WILLING' to provide. Or is it to 'our' advantage to shop in cyber space and take a risk with delays, returns and money tied-up.... Gerry

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I do all my parts shopping on the web, my dealer is 75 miles away. I do agree with supporting your local dealer as much as possible though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a 1995

I ordered the parts through my local yamaha shop.

Intake boot, new bolts and O-ring about $80 and it'll be here friday.

I personaly like to keep my money local, within my city if at all possible.

The difference I saw online wasn't enough to make it worth sending my cash out.

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
The local Yamaha dealer charges less and if you are willing to pick it up there is no S&H charge. Not sure if the link works but maybe your local dealer might be interested in being nicer to you if it does. Admirable intentions about keeping the money local but reality is part of your money is going to Japan.

http://www.sanjoseya...r=1995&fveh=654

·
Registered
125 Posts
Online prices to compare....

2JX-13586-00-00 JOINT, CARBURETOR 1 price is 45.63

93210-35537-00 O-RING price is 3.28

91317-06020-00 BOLT price is 1.28 (need 2)

Parts total is 51.47. Shipping adds 6.95 for an order grand total of 58.42

My local dealer parts crew is composed of jack asses so I tend to send my money elsewhere. It saves 8.25 percent sales tax too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We'll see how this transaction goes....everyone else was going to be 5 days on shipping, this will be here tommorrow and I've got family coming over this weekend and want it running.

Thanks for all the answers, now I have some links saved for future needs to compare with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts