TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a backup intake manifold off ebay. I ordered it June 11 and it was delivered June 21. It shipped from Hong Kong. !0 days. If you need one right now then this isn't the way to get one. But if you want one on the shelf for future use this is a pretty good deal.

They were asking $14.99 plus $2.99 S&H or Make Offer. So I offered $12 plus $2.99 and it was accepted.

Carburetor Adapter for Yamaha TW200 2JX TW 1987-2000 JOINT,CARBURETOR | eBay

ebay listing of intake manifold..jpg

It should work out all right. It looks good. Tony

·
Registered
13,784 Posts
This is a considerable cost savings over the OEM, or I think it is. I'm not able to view the site listed above but I checked the price of a 2016 intake on RMATV/MC and theirs was $39 ish.

Another question. Is there an alignment difference between intakes from the pre and post 2001 model years? I remember when I put the 1993 engine on my 2005 and I had to use the 2005 intake in order for the carb to fit on. Maybe I didn't monkey around with it long enough but when I put on the 2005 intake the carb slipped right on.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used a recently acquired cheap manifold today. The bolt holes were not at right angle to the head surface consequently the holes didn't align. No big problem. I just put it on the drill press and redrilled the holes slightly larger. A 1 minute fix and it works fine now. I don't know if they are all like that or just the one I got but I thought I should mention it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts