TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to this site and I'm sure this question has probably already been asked but, do parts such as plastics and wheel sets and what not work on different year bikes??? I have a 1988 that is red and white, and found a newer roller for sale and was curious if the parts from the newer bike would transfer to my bike??? Thanks for any information you guys might have

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
For the most part, yes. 2001 year marked a departure from earlier generator and stator and other electric power parts. Also went to hydraulic front disk.

Handel bars from any year will fit any other year. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So from what ever year the started making the tw200 to 2001, the parts like wheels and plastic will interchange? Yes?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Correct, all of the plastic will interchange. The wheels were the same from 1987 to 2000 and 2001 to current for the front with disk brakes. The rear wheels are the same from then til now.

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
Plastics will interchange for all years 1987 to current.

Rear wheels will interchange for all years from 1987 to current.

Drum brake front wheels will interchange from years 1987 to 2000.

Disc brake front wheels will interchange from years 2001 to present.

·
Registered
20,167 Posts
By and large very interchangeable with a few exceptions

Folks please pencil in corrected dates as I am dredging depleted memory banks for trivia:
1987s have different ignition components.
In addition to the deleted kicker and added disc brake Devil's Advocate mentioned there are a few more minor changed.
2000 (?) and newer have different carburator, intake manifold and an automatic cam tensioner came along with slightly different cylinder but they are all interchangeable if done en-bloc.
Turn signal housings and turn signal switch changed sometime in the '90s, but they are still interchangeable

·
Super Moderator
5,133 Posts
If your bike is red and white, then it’s an ’87 – probably registered in ‘88

Pretty much everything’s interchangeable, with the exception of the electrics – the ’87 was a “one off” year for electrical components ………

1 - 11 of 11 Posts