1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Where's the kick start lever? lol Nice looking "matte finish" bike. I have a hard time liking the "Darth Vader" look of the new bikes. Is that cause I'm old?

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I have no experience with those bikes but have HEARD they are notoriously under powered. Does anyone here have any personal experience with this model? I think it is very sharp.

Tom

·
Registered
960 Posts
These bikes remind me why I bought and enjoy my TW. 200cc's of dual purpose bike with 31.9 inch seat height weighing 279 lbs. I agree that there are many people out there that would enjoy this bike. Taller people.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I have no experience with those bikes but have HEARD they are notoriously under powered. Does anyone here have any personal experience with this model? I think it is very sharp.

Tom

My comments above should be qualified by the fact that I incorrectly thought the add was for the CRF 230 not the 250.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I owned a CRF250L and put a few thousand miles on it. The motor is its best attribute imho. It has decent power and revs to the moon. Honda hit a great price point here for a EFI bike. The suspension is soft and under damped. I also felt the ground clearance was too low for serious trail riding (may be due to stock suspension). My most serious complaint was the low build quality of the frame. I puckered the frame near the foot peg on a 5mph tip over.

Compared to the TW it's a more capable street bike, I used it on the highway at sustained 75mph. With suspension mods and a few power mods it's actually a very competent dual sport machine. For what I ride here in NH the TW is more fun.

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub
1 - 7 of 7 Posts