TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was aware that Yamaha started out as a music instrument manufacturer, specifically the organ/piano.

But, I did not know.....copied/pasted > The company's origins as a musical instrument manufacturer are still reflected today in the group's logo—a trio of interlocking tuning forks.

Sleeve Font T-shirt Rectangle Magenta

What is a tuning fork you may ask....

Copied/pasted >
A tuning fork is an acoustic resonator in the form of a two-pronged fork with the prongs (tines) formed from a U-shaped bar of elastic metal (usually steel). It resonates at a specific constant pitch when set vibrating by striking it against a surface or with an object, and emits a pure musical tone once the high overtones fade out. A tuning fork's pitch depends on the length and mass of the two prongs. They are traditional sources of standard pitch for tuning musical instruments.
The tuning fork was invented in 1711 by British musician John Shore, Sergeant trumpeter and lutenist to the court.

I present to you....the tuning fork....

Tool Office ruler Line Wood Font

Yamaha Motor Company today is a different division, so makes me wonder why YMC uses the "tuning forks" logo, and doesn't have their own company Logo. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The music division has the tuning forks inside the circle where the motor division are into the circle, the color is different too.
Yeah, I had the music one in the post originally, then edited/deleted it, and placed the Yamaha Motor Company one.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Every so often you'll still read reference to the "tuning fork company" in motorcycle mags. Goes back quite a ways.
Hmph....prolly never noticed since I've always been a Honda guy (still am) until getting my Yammy TW in '18, so never read much on Yammy's prior too, other than in shootout articles, but never recall seeing it.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was aware that Yamaha started out as a music instrument manufacturer, specifically the organ/piano.

But, I did not know.....copied/pasted > The company's origins as a musical instrument manufacturer are still reflected today in the group's logo—a trio of interlocking tuning forks.

View attachment 227304

What is a tuning fork you may ask....

Copied/pasted >
A tuning fork is an acoustic resonator in the form of a two-pronged fork with the prongs (tines) formed from a U-shaped bar of elastic metal (usually steel). It resonates at a specific constant pitch when set vibrating by striking it against a surface or with an object, and emits a pure musical tone once the high overtones fade out. A tuning fork's pitch depends on the length and mass of the two prongs. They are traditional sources of standard pitch for tuning musical instruments.
The tuning fork was invented in 1711 by British musician John Shore, Sergeant trumpeter and lutenist to the court.

I present to you....the tuning fork....

View attachment 227287

Yamaha Motor Company today is a different division, so makes me wonder why YMC uses the "tuning forks" logo, and doesn't have their own company Logo. :unsure:
The tuning fork is a symbol of precision manufacturing, and it fits anything Yamaha I've ever owned from my electric and acoustic guitars to motorcycles. It's the perfect emblem.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
i have a yamaha alto sax that is four years older than my '94 t-dub!

·
Registered
63 Posts
They still make great audio equipment as well. I bought 2 Yamaha "stereos" last year . They both do old school LP's &/FM but also will do just about any digital format as well.

Highly recommended.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts