TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres an interesting 250cc "upgrade" done a little different than we are used to

TW200 with 250cc Engine

This is a 1987 TW200 with the engine, mounts and steering head from a 1980 Yamaha SR250. This gives 20 horsepower, a powerful alternator and electric start without adding much weight. The 250 engine has a newly reconditioned head and cylinder. It has an XT carburetor for quick throttle response. The TW fork bolts up to the SR frame with new bearings. I used the SR headlight with an H4 unit for more light and better wiring harness protection. The bars are Renthal with risers and folding enduro mirrors. The forks have gold simulators and progressive springs. The two frames are grafted together underneath an '86 XT350 3-gallon gas tank. From the engine back is stock TW airbox, exhaust and shock, with a stronger spring. The racks are sturdy. Tires, chain and sprockets are new. There's a knee-size shallow dent on the tank, and some scuffs and marks elsewhere on the bike. It runs, shifts and handles great.
Also available are front and back saddlebag racks with three 1-gallon gas cans and mounts, brand new. The rear racks have small fiberglass bags mounted.
$2500 for the bike as pictured including spare parts, and $250 for the extra luggage.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Not usually interested in bikes modded that much. But that looks to be done very well. Lot of thought went into the build.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
PlacerLode, thanks for posting this. I totally agree that this would be a great idea to do with the SR400. Maybe this is what the long lost TWilight was planning???

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
snake in the grass...watch out!!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I clicked on it,,,,,,I couldn't buy it,,,,,,"posting removed". I guess he sold it.

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts