TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'm not sure if I could ever do this. For one thing strangers would not take me in if the camp ground was full, they would run me off and the bike I rode in on! I would like to be the fly on the wall if Revzilla and Purple People Eater were to meet and compare notes! Dirts a Flyen just due

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Watch this. Go check out the latest comment.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Watch this. Go check out the latest comment.
Love it!!!!! No citation required when you own it. Why not use your same screen name though? Either way when I am wrong I apologize, so my humblest apologies Sir.

Tom

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Actually I'm the Earl on a couple of other sites. The Devil is really an alias. When I post on those sites it asks how I want to log in and that's the screen name that is associated with my gmail.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Actually I'm the Earl on a couple of other sites. The Devil is really an alias. When I post on those sites it asks how I want to log in and that's the screen name that is associated with my gmail.
Probably like Koegel hot dogs too.

Tom

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Yes. Two Koegel's dog's grilled, cut in half, and split down the center. Add a potato bun, a thick slice of onion, and some quality horseradish mustard. Yummy!

Tom

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
it says longest 'continuous' journey- so i'm thinking maybe if you come home and then do another ride later it doesn't count toward this particular record?

52000 miles in a year is not really that much when it's all you're doing. it comes out to about 142 miles a day. ok, so that's a few hours, what are you doing with the rest of the day?

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Probably the "continuous journey" analysis is the correct clue. However, Doc, there is another aspect. She is trying to break a Guinness record, and you and I both know that many people go far and beyond what is in Guinness and never receive recognition. Largely because they don't care I imagine.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
It still was an interesting article.
Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Yes, it "still" is an interesting article, and I don't want to take away from the fact that this rider did 52,000 miles that year. And...Meth...you may be correct in that it was a continuous journey....never going home for anything. Of course, it is hard to believe that living in So.Cal. she never went by her house, and stopped for anything at all during that full year. I know that I had to change tires a LOT during that year, mow my lawn MANY times during that year, and these are things that keep your head grounded. Once of the very important aspects to serious Long Distance/Endurance riding....is to know When To Stop....so that you can Go Farther.

To me, the woman/female/gal rider that deserves the higher recognition is Ardys Kellerman. She lived in the Austin, TX area, and in 2007 she rode 103,345 miles in under 1 year. She was also one of the 15 people that are documented, verified and certified as Million Mile Riders in the IronButt Association. When in 2007, Ardys Kellerman rode that 103,345 miles in one year, I believe she was 75 years old at that time.

I knew Ardys very well. I had high respect for her. She is no longer with us, but that respect for her continues in the IBA.

Kurt is right, there are a lot of riding records that are not known to Guinness World Record bookkeepers, as the riders don't feel the need to be recognized for that. Riding a motorcycle is what they do...for life.

Second to that, in more recent years Guinness has made the decision to NOT acknowledge certain distance/time events, as it became crazy with the stunts some people were pulling to get into the books.

Did we read the same article?:confused:

"Danell Lynn saved money for two years, sold off what she owned, let the lease run out on her Phoenix apartment."

Tom

Reactions: TWilight

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Wonder if Gina has seen this article. She might like it...

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Yes, Tom, we did read the same article. What you missed...in the fine print....was that he family also lives in the So. Cal area, and she would always have a home to go to. So, while her apartment was no longer under her name, she does have family in So. Cal.
She also has family in Washington. Are you two related?

Tom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts