TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. I am a long time fan of Yamaha fat tire bikes as I have a BW80 and 2 BW200s. One is in transformation stage now getting fitted with a TTR225 engine with blue frame and blue plastics. The idea was to make BW to match the newer bikes. I have wanted a TW for a long time and came across a project for a decent price. It's an 89 black and red (aka black widow) that has been sitting for quit some time. Should be a fun project. I think my plan is to make it run, go through the brakes and important safety stuff and drive it for the summer and maybe resto over the winter.

Registered
Yes! Another black widow! enjoy and take some pics for us......(of your new toy and where you ride her)

Registered
Where in Maine? That is our favorite vacation destination and we spend a lot of time up by Moosehead or farther north.

GaryL

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in Jackson, small town of 500 people. I remember going to the Air Force base in Limestone when I was in the boy scouts, of course it's closed now. We ride snowmobiles in the moosehead lake region, beautiful country up there.

Registered
I've been to Moosehead Lake prolly 15 times for 2 weeks at a time. First 2 trips were during black fly season, never again. I have a good friend in Bangor. It's his family's cabin that we stay in on the lake. I love it up there. Love to live up there. Locals are friendly, and nice. Welcome to the forum.

Registered
What is so very special about the Mooshead Lake area is all the gravel roads. Most are owned by the big lumber companies but as long as your TW is registered for the road you can drive on many of them. Being an avid brook trout fisherman I would have my TW decked out for getting back to those great streams that most will never walk in to.

GaryL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts