TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SpotMini is a new smaller version of the Spot robot, weighing 55 lbs dripping wet (65 lbs if you include its arm.) SpotMini is all-electric (no hydraulics) and runs for about 90 minutes on a charge, depending on what it is doing. SpotMini is one of the quietest robots we have ever built. It has a variety of sensors, including depth cameras, a solid state gyro (IMU) and proprioception sensors in the limbs. These sensors help with navigation and mobile manipulation. SpotMini performs some tasks autonomously, but often uses a human for high-level guidance.

·
Registered
19,575 Posts
Wow! Had no idea you were affiliated with Boston Dynamics.
Have been an enthusiastic fan of LS3 Youtube videos for awhile.
Now can it be taught to weld broken TW & CycleRack welds?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! Had no idea you were affiliated with Boston Dynamics.
Have been an enthusiastic fan of LS3 Youtube videos for awhile.
Now can it be taught to weld broken TW & CycleRack welds?
Not affililiated, but I have stayed at a couple of Holiday Inn Express's over the years

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
I would have loved if it got to the hydrant, lifted it's leg and blown it apart. Technology like that needs to be weaponized for sure. I can just imagine a robot dog walking up to an ISIS fighter, sitting down wagging it's tail and then biting his head off. OK, I admit it, I am twisted in a sort of practical way.

GaryL

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I would have loved if it got to the hydrant, lifted it's leg and blown it apart. Technology like that needs to be weaponized for sure. I can just imagine a robot dog walking up to an ISIS fighter, sitting down wagging it's tail and then biting his head off. OK, I admit it, I am twisted in a sort of practical way.

GaryL
I like the way you think Gary! I'd PAY to see that happen....

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
Back as kids a buddy built a box with a real nice rack picture on it, real pretty gals rack of course, I think Pamela Anderson. it stuck on lockers at school with a magnet. On one side of the rack it read in large letters "DO NOT TOUCH". Inside the box he had a small 9 volt battery and a real large capacitor that held stupid volts but not much amps. He would stick it on a locker and we would be watching from the other side of the room. If you touched it you got a nasty zap that about knocked you on your ass. We laughed so hard we fell off our chairs and then the vice principal tried to take it off the locker. We got a 3 day suspension but still laugh about it today. Even my father who came to get us from school couldn't stop laughing his ass off.

GaryL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts