TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have been a member here for a little bit and have just kind of lurked a little. I bought a 2006 TW200 with ~14k on it back in August as a second bike to go play in the dirt with. So far its been a whole lot of fun and i guess i am officially addicted to the TW, since i bought it ive logged more miles on it than i have on my Ducati Muiltistrada 1200.

I have done a few things to mine so far, Golden boy on the front, pro taper bars, 130 main jet and shimmed needle, a ram mount for my phone. I plan to do a lot more things like a cycle rack, pegs, kickstart kit, skid plate etc to make it even better. So far i have learned a lot of things here about whats available and where to get it, things to do to it etc, this forum is a weath of information.

Over this winter first thing is i need to tear into the motor as i'm burning some oil. Last time i changed the oil a piece of a valve seal came out so i'm going to rip the head off and see what is up and worst case scenario i will do a total top end rebuild.

-Jim

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jim!

Let us know what part of the country that you are in and post up some pics of your bike when you get a chance.

Brian

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
welcome jim

·
Registered
13,795 Posts
Jim, your not addicted. You can quite anytime you choose...you just choose not to quit!:p Welcome, hope you have fun here on the forum.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't understand what you mean by piece of valve seal.
A chunk of what appears to be the rubber valve seal that sits on top of the valve guide had worked its way into the crankcase and came out with the oil. Based on the size and shape of it that's the only thing it could be. I also looked under the valve covers and the intake seal is missing a chunk of rubber. im planning on tearing into it in the next couple days so i will have a better answer then.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jim, your not addicted. You can quite anytime you choose...you just choose not to quit!:p Welcome, hope you have fun here on the forum.
I think quitting would be tough, this is one of those bikes you just never get rid of. I'm actually looking for another one now for my girlfriend. She loves to ride on the back of my Ducati and when i got the TW she said she wanted to try riding it. She has never ridden before but a few lessons and she is now putting around my back yard no problem. She can take off, stop, shift etc so she has the basics down pretty good. This spring she is going to take an MSR riding class and from there i would like to have another TW for her to learn on mainly on the trails in my area in Mass and hers up in Maine and then we can progress to some street. I want to bring her along slowly and make sure the controls are like second nature for her before we hit the street at all. So far she has had a blast putting around my yard at 5mph, she has the itch for sure and the TW is the perfect size for her.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts