TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I "invented" computerized wheelie control for motorcycles a few years ago, only to discover that it already existed. Today I "invented" a wheel with springs and/or shocks instead of spokes between the hub and the rim. But yea, it's been tried...e.g. Loop Wheel and Michelin Active Wheel. I could imagine a technology like this being potentially useful in both luxury-comfort and performance applications both on and off road. I think of it a bit like one's legs on a dirt bike while riding over whoops -- an extra layer of suspension that provides even more of a dampening effect. Of course that would mean using it in conjunction with conventional suspension (e.g A-arms to wheel hub, wheel hub to shocks/springs, and shocks/springs to rim). I know there are a few examples out there already. Obviously, nothing has really gone mainstream yet, but it may in the near future. So far, the ones I have seen do not seem to have been combined with traditional suspension. Am I right in thinking that a system like that could be really good in certain applications? Maybe I should be talking to a patent office instead of posting this on a forum LOL. I guess one has to have plans and a prototype and all that before a patent, though, haha.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yep, now we just need to get this guy electronic wheelie control ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts