TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. I am wondering if anyone knows what the invoice price is for a 2018 TW200? I am located in NY and got a few quotes from different dealers but don’t know if any of them are even a good price. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
604 Posts
MSRP 4599. I charmed,(BS'd) my way out of the dealer prep fees and other charges. I'm so smooth. (I'm a schmuck) So after taxes and license it came to 5085.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MSRP 4599. I charmed,(BS'd) my way out of the dealer prep fees and other charges. I'm so smooth. (I'm a schmuck) So after taxes and license it came to 5085.
Thank you for your response NVCowboy. I’m getting quoted 4400 OTD not including taxes so sounds like I’m getting a decent price. And thank you for your service!

·
Registered
241 Posts
A couple of dealerships in Oregon had them for $3,999 without dealers fees a while back. Tigard and Simplicity. Haven’t checked in a while.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Avg out the door is still $5600 other than Oregon (one specific dealer that doesn't always honor that price point) I've never seen one even for $4400 out the door but I think you said thats pre sales tax which in many states is 10%

found an Oklahoma dealer selling for $3495 out the door or so they said but they had 3 different TW's listed on ebay all using the same picture and one said it was "used" with 250 miles the others said they were new but they ended up cancelling the listings for the two "new" ones after the 250 miler sold

They responded to my first inquiry but then would not respond any further when I asked if I could buy a pair from them

BTW the Oregon dealer price was $3995 for an out of state buyer taking the bike on an MSO if you lived in Oregon it was anther $330 DMV fees but no sales tax

·
Registered
892 Posts
Somewhere out there is a guy in New York selling one for twenty five hundred dollars with about six hundred miles on it. Worth a look at least. I bought mine for $3,672.00 out the door-tags-title-plate with seven miles on it. They gave me fifty dollars towards a new front tire and put my kick starter and bark busters on. If you are patient you can get a great deal on a low mileage TW.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Avg out the door is still $5600 other than Oregon (one specific dealer that doesn't always honor that price point) I've never seen one even for $4400 out the door but I think you said thats pre sales tax which in many states is 10%

found an Oklahoma dealer selling for $3495 out the door or so they said but they had 3 different TW's listed on ebay all using the same picture and one said it was "used" with 250 miles the others said they were new but they ended up cancelling the listings for the two "new" ones after the 250 miler sold

They responded to my first inquiry but then would not respond any further when I asked if I could buy a pair from them

BTW the Oregon dealer price was $3995 for an out of state buyer taking the bike on an MSO if you lived in Oregon it was anther $330 DMV fees but no sales tax
Thank you for the detailed response. I’m calling the dealer today to try to negotiate a little more but the more I research the more it appears that he’s offering a fair/good price. After taxes I’m still under 5.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Somewhere out there is a guy in New York selling one for twenty five hundred dollars with about six hundred miles on it. Worth a look at least. I bought mine for $3,672.00 out the door-tags-title-plate with seven miles on it. They gave me fifty dollars towards a new front tire and put my kick starter and bark busters on. If you are patient you can get a great deal on a low mileage TW.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did look for used 2018, and the only one I found was selling it for 200 less than dealer. I’ve been itching for the TW200 and don’t think I can wait too much more. 🙂

·
Registered
305 Posts
Check Cycletrader, there's usually a couple dealers selling them for $4k or a bit less. Print out the ad and use it as a bargaining chip with local dealers. Even if it's a considerable distance away and you have no intent on driving that far, just say you're taking a trip out near there to visit family anyway so it wouldn't be an inconvenience to just buy that one instead.

Sometimes the dealer will play ball and match the advertised price, sometimes not. If no, just try another dealer until you find one that actually wants to make a sale. The few times I've bought bikes new, I've always been shocked how much you can save for an hour or so on the phone calling every dealer within maybe a 4hr radius. Play them all off each other.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Check Cycletrader, there's usually a couple dealers selling them for $4k or a bit less. Print out the ad and use it as a bargaining chip with local dealers. Even if it's a considerable distance away and you have no intent on driving that far, just say you're taking a trip out near there to visit family anyway so it wouldn't be an inconvenience to just buy that one instead.

Sometimes the dealer will play ball and match the advertised price, sometimes not. If no, just try another dealer until you find one that actually wants to make a sale. The few times I've bought bikes new, I've always been shocked how much you can save for an hour or so on the phone calling every dealer within maybe a 4hr radius. Play them all off each other.
Thanks!! Took your advice and one dealer is going to try to work their “magic” and get back to me. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Also, look for "non-current" models.
I bought my new '14 in late '15. The dealer had 2 of them and the '16s were on the way.
$3,700 out the door.
I had to drive 420 miles, round trip.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Gorgeous ride. I remember way back a month ago when mine was shiny and new like that. Some dirt and some farkle later I'm realizing the bike itself is going to be the least expensive of it all. It's Yamaha that makes the TW, but it's the farkle that makes the TW FABULOUS!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts