TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few videos on YouTube where TW riders had iPhone mounted to the bars; does anyone know where these can be purchased? I'm having trouble trying to find one that will mount, being our cross bar is super low and skinny. I'm really wanting to use google maps when I'm riding through unfamiliar territories/terrain.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I've seen a few videos on YouTube where TW riders had iPhone mounted to the bars; does anyone know where these can be purchased? I'm having trouble trying to find one that will mount, being our cross bar is super low and skinny. I'm really wanting to use google maps when I'm riding through unfamiliar territories/terrain.
Which iPhone do you have?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have an Iphone 5 with a lifeproof case. Sounds like the smaller Iphones don't stay put too well, after reading the reviews. That combined with the rough ride of the TW make me a little nervous to buy one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I bought on of those clear waterproof phone cases from Walmart that they sell in the sporting goods section, around $10 if I remember correctly. I've got an iPhone 5 with an otterbox style case on it and it fits my phone perfectly. I zip tied the case to my cross bar. ( the zip ties go on the bottom half on each end so you can still flip the top up.) The phone can't fall out of it when it's snapped shut and if you get caught in the rain, it's a dry place to put the phone, and is clear so you can read Google maps though it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts