TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tonight on the TV news, I saw that the feds had arrested at least 61 people involved in the telephone scam in which they call someone and tell them that they are the IRS
and are suing them for back taxes. They of course say that payment of money will stop this suit.
Last week I got this telephone call. I listened to the spiel then responded with, " GET F#&*ed, and if you really are the IRS you can really Get F#&*ed."
They hung up on me, imagine that
Apparently there are some people who don't know that the IRS doesn't make telephone threats. The feds say the scammers got more than 300 million before they got caught.
Just curious, how many of you received this phone call?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
How do you pronounce F#&*ed?

Efampersandandasterisked?

I'd have just told them to go fark themselves. Sounds just like it rhymes with truck if you say it right.

Got a few of those calls. Told one guy I needed all the money I had because his mother was here and she needed bandages for her bung hole.
You get the gist.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
We got a call -- some guy with a foreign accent said the sheriff was on his way but he could stop them with my credit card number. I said "No thank you" to which he replied "I wish you very good luck in your future legal troubles!".

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've gotten the calls, but I've been audited a few times so I know the real IRS send letters and demands 20 boxes of records. A credit card option would have been great, so I know it's too good to be true.
But I did invest with a Nigerian Prince and am looking forward to the payout from that. And the subsequent letter from the IRS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
we had a call about 6 months ago saying we didn't pay our past yellow pages ad and owe about $900. But if we paid right away they could lower the bill. My brother stayed on the line and played along for awhile for laughs.

·
Registered
13,650 Posts
This is not a scam. If you get called by a scammer and are inclined to send them money, don't'! Send the money to me instead. That way you won't feel so ripped off because you'll know exactly who has your money.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts