TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheelies! Been wanting to do this for awhile now. Been watching trials riders riding slow wheelies forever on Youtube and I was decent on my KLR a few years back but never learned the slow, controlled wheelie, just acceleration wheelies. This video was a few of my practice wheelies. Lots of room for improvement.

·
Super Moderator
17,987 Posts
Say's video is private, can't view. :(

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well that's 1000% better than me. I can only do them accidentally at the stop lights. Very embarrassing..

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just don't hit your shed. Years ago a friend of mine was doing wheelies in his back yard and took out his above ground pool! I had to change my shorts after watching that one.:D
It is a little tight in the backyard. I do most of my practicing in the side yard/field but wife wanted me closer to the back deck for the video. She didn't want to put her shoes on.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
5,154 Posts
1/ - If you’re afraid of consequences, then don’t attempt it

2/ - Being “Bat shit crazy” helps (a lot)

3/ - Don’t try this two up unless you discuss it first (I’ve been on the back, in-between two rows of moving traffic, and it ‘aint funny~)

4/ - When practising, make sure your intended path is clear. Then make sure your unintended path is clear – in fact, open fields are probably best ….

5/ - “Unintended” wheelies can be life changing – (Kawasaki GT550, while pointing at a shop window) – the trick here is to make it look like you meant it all along (and carry a towel)

6/ - Search “Youtube” – this is what you look like. If you’re still determined to continue, search “Psychiatrists” in your local area.

7/ - Never try to emulate the actions of others – chances are they were following rule 5, or rule 2 applied

8/ - You are in enough trouble being on only two wheels – do you really want to try it on just one ? - (see rules two and six)

9/ - When crossing a stream – disregard the previous rules – “way to go” ….. (don’t forget the Cigar)

10/ - Still want to try it ? – take lots of pics – gives you something to show the nurses ……..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts