TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello chaps.
i'm looking at the pictures of my basket case '89 TW, and may actuallly just get it running and ride it rather than a full bare frame rebuild.
the frame looks pretty ok apart from the heel/boot wear area. anyone know if i can buy touch up paint - or had success with other paint a similar colour?
ken

·
Super Moderator
17,974 Posts
Over here in the States, if you have a chip of the paint, you can go to a hardware store like Home Depot or Lowe's and they will match it. How about a Yamaha dealer?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
our dealers in nz are less than stellar.
i'll try them - but dont hold out much hope.
thanks for the reply though!

k

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Your 26 year old paint is probably faded and wouldn't match the touch up paint anyway. I would find a color that is real close and scuff & paint all the parts of the frame that show. Take off the covers and easy stuff then just lay rags on the engine and other parts you don't want paint on. It'll look good as new. I clear coated my frame that way. I think a touch up job will look like a touch up job. Maybe that's ok...dunno.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your 26 year old paint is probably faded and wouldn't match the touch up paint anyway. I would find a color that is real close and scuff & paint all the parts of the frame that show. Take off the covers and easy stuff then just lay rags on the engine and other parts you don't want paint on. It'll look good as new. I clear coated my frame that way. I think a touch up job will look like a touch up job. Maybe that's ok...dunno.
yeah - i know what i'm like.
illl kick myself if i dont do it properly.
bite the bullet ken, dont puss out.
pull the damn thing down and do it right.

·
Super Moderator
17,974 Posts
Try getting a chip of it matched somewhere. I think they even put it in spray cans these days...?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts