TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'20 TW with mods
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has tried swapping a TW200 swingarm with rear wheel and tire onto another bike.
I didn't find anything on a search

Cheers

·
Registered
23,316 Posts
Above photo seems more of a photoshopped big motor in a TW frame since front sprocket maps out at a point that looks to be in conflict with motor's flywheel and starter.

However actual TW wide 14" rear rims have been mated to bigger bikes like a few Yamaha 450 thumpers I've seen adds for, one at least with a paddle tire for sand. Lots more room on a full size frame to align sprockets in same plane if necessary via jackshaft , engine re-location, or the output shaft extension idea lie what we use on XT/ TTR225 conversions in our TWs.

Reactions: Snow Fox

·
Registered
560 Posts
Above photo seems more of a photoshopped big motor in a TW frame since front sprocket maps out at a point that looks to be in conflict with motor's flywheel and starter.

However actual TW wide 14" rear rims have been mated to bigger bikes like a few Yamaha 450 thumpers I've seen adds for, one at least with a paddle tire for sand. Lots more room on a full size frame to align sprockets in same plane if necessary via jackshaft , engine re-location, or the output shaft extension idea lie what we use on XT/ TTR225 conversions in our TWs.
Thats a yamaha xt600. I know nothing else about it.

·
Registered
23,316 Posts
Thats a Yamaha TW200 frame. I know nothing else about it. :giggle:

Now below are examples of the technology the original poster asked about, if the goal is a big wheel thumper like below.
Tire Wheel Helmet Sports equipment Vehicle

There are lots of kits for these, usually using a Yamaha YZ450. Best value is to buy used by those who invested but some reason now have them for sale at a loss. Too specialized?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Good flying potential if you like jack shafts.:giggle:
Tire Sky Cloud Wheel Helmet

Jack shaft on a non-TW swingarm:
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Reactions: Snow Fox

·
Registered
23,316 Posts
Thanks, I stand corrected.
Sometime I'll look at XT600 engine schematic to see how stater, flywheel and output shaft sprocket relate in an XT600 engine to see how they are indeed not in conflict.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts