TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to TW's and actually deciding between two different years as to which to buy.

That being said, Is it possible to "switch off" the head and tail light for daytime riding off road? ( I'm really not concerned if the brake light has too come on occassionally. )

I understand the advantage of lights on public roads and highways for safety and visibility, but when using it for scouting and hunting I would rather not advertise my presence to game animals or other hunters who may be in the area.

Gene

·
Registered
1,454 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
.............., but when using it for scouting and hunting I would rather not advertise my presence to game animals or other hunters who may be in the area. .......Gene
The lights won't matter.

Everyone/everything within a mile will be notified of you presence by the sound of the engine. ;)

jb

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
What I did was simply to pull the bullet connector to the low beam. Just remove the cowling to get at them. I ride very slowly in the woods and the stator wasn't putting out enough juice, so after a few hours the battery would be down. All I have to do is remember to turn on the high beam when I get back out on the road. I also pulled and wrapped the spark arrestor with muffler fiberglass, that quieted it down about 20%.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
welcome to the forum.

the previous owner of my ct90 cut in an on/off switch for the headlight, though i like rocky's idea better. i'll post a pic later today.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Sweet install, great job bro!! :D
I did similar to Rocky, only instead of leaving the wire disconnected, I put a switch in. I all was turn the headlight off when I start the bike. I have done the same on all my bikes plus added a $2. volt meter View attachment 137993

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I did similar to Rocky, only instead of leaving the wire disconnected, I put a switch in. I all was turn the headlight off when I start the bike. I have done the same on all my bikes plus added a $2. volt meter 13.JPG

·
Registered
71 Posts
The other day while driving on a electric power right of way, at about 6 am, two deer showed up in front of me, maybe 1/2 mile away. They stood there looking at me, mesmerized probably by the light beam, while I approached them. They went into the bush when I was only 100 yards away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts