TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its Jan 30th and the sun came out today. It was -1 when got up, but almost +4 now... HEAT WAVE! Thats it, out comes the TW. The wife wants to go for a quick ride around town just to get the feel back ( she misses it too ). Last fall I left the battery in, changed the oil, added some fuel stabilizer and ran it thru the carb, pushed her into the garage and put the cover on. Yesterday I took the cover off, turned on the fuel, turned the key and wow, lights came on! Gave her some choke and cranked it over, little slow but it fired. More choke and cranked again...awwwww the sweet purr of that raw power. So now I just have to put the insurance sticker on it and its go time ! Hope all goes well and just thinking....anyone ever made a heated seat for a TW....hhmmm. Check back later, bye for now.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well its official, the first ride of 2011 is done, and we have confirmed the theory of windchill factor again. Even with the cold it was still great to be on the TW again. We rode down to the docks and back out around the logging roads just for an hour and that was enough. Here is a pic of the wife on the back.. too cold to even get off the bike.

So till it warms up some more, it back into the garage for now....

·
Registered
13,915 Posts
It may be cold, but I bet the view sure was great with the trees and water and everything.
Guess I won't complain too much when it's 40F degree's here.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Had the tw out for a short ride a couple days ago but way to cold and snowy around here with a big storm on the way so I will have to get my riding fix on the sled. Here is what my ride looked like today.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sg2tBMGX_c[/media]

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Way to go W-P ! And kuddo's to Mrs. W-P for riding with you!! I've been riding mine to work, it's been teen to twenty in the am, but close to freezing in the afternoons, so I'll take it!

By the way, D has ridden her's around the ranch every afternoon we're there, but declined Sunday morning with everything covered in snow and frost, it was pretty slick!!

Bag

·
Registered
165 Posts
Rode to work today for the first time this year. It was 35F when I left but it felt great. I am more worried about ice on the roads than the cold. I can't wait for the ride home. It is supposed to be 50 today.

Mark

·
Registered
144 Posts
+1 on you suck

Still digging out from Wednesday's blizzard---my TW isn't going anywhere soon!

Corey

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have no green grass yet and there's still a bit of snow left around the northern faces of hills, and I haven't driven my bike in months - but I DID start her up in the barn and ran it for a 15 minutes and it ran fine. It should be up near 60 F. next week so I plan on setting her on the the road. I'm just about broke from the gasoline bills this winter and the snow skiing didn't make me feel any better about the winters here in PA. Nice to be back on the forum after a semi-hiatus this winter. any new riders in the Lehigh Valley?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
At 30 mph and gas mileages of 60-90 mpg, you can have fun at rate of $2/hr which is cheaper than the parking rates in most places. So let spring fun begin, but don't bend or break anything (that costs more money on top of your $2 fuel costs). The wind is blowing today 20 mph, but that a characteristic of many spring days in NM and I won't complain too much. Ducks and sand hill cranes have been leaving for the far north all week so be forewarned spring is coming. Tom

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good to hear it warming up down south, still wet and blowing here, so no riding yet. If it doesnt warm up soon, I am throwing the bike in the truck and heading south till it clears up. Even the wife is wanting to go riding again and every time the rain stops, she is checkin to see if I am getting the bike out.

As for the $2.00 a day ride....not here, gas is now 1.29/litre! Thats over $5.00/gallon and a gallon goes pretty fast on the trail as time flys by as fast as tbe miles. Still cheaper then going to the movies, and its all in 3D with true stereo sound. There are so many logging roads and so many mountians that we havent seen yet, so enough with the rain already!!! Its time to ride.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Fired up the CB for a ride to the grocery. Ended up following a Harley following a police car, and being followed by a lifted 4x4 Ford with the driver talking on the phone, smoking, eating and drinking, and looking like he was punching buttons on the radio. Couldn't get over safely because of the traffic backed up behind the police car. Watched my 6 carefully at the first redlight--Bubba did get it stopped. Pulled up beside the Harley and warned the rider. Got over ASAP, slowed and made room for the Harley. Sure 'nuff, at the next redlight, Bubba wasn't watching, but Harley guy was and swerved over in front of me. Bubba left about 25 feet of skid marks before slamming the police car.

Spring is here, and Bubbas everywhere are suffering from the distractions in the air. Watch your 6.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My new 2010 has been sitting in the garage since Christmas! We've had an especially brutal winter this year, with far too much snow, ice and cold to even think about riding. But that might be changing this week. If possible, I'll take "Mostly" (new nick-name for the TW) down to my favorite coffee shop sometime around noon tomorrow I just hope I haven't forgotten how to ride!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts