TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did get a response from Mike in about 24 hours - for full web price less $5, so basically full price by the time I pay postage, money order fee, screw around with USPS, etc. I like the rack better than the cyclerack one, but re-thinking that now...

·
Registered
237 Posts
For anyone interested, I emailed Mike at Manrack about some lower fork triple strap rings he makes for the tdub. They weren’t listed on the website (or they at least weren’t listed with the other TW stuff) but he had them back up now. They look really heavy duty and connect to both pinch bolts instead of just one bolt like every other strap ring. 20 bucks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Already answered this.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
For anyone interested, I emailed Mike at Manrack about some lower fork triple strap rings he makes for the tdub. They weren’t listed on the website (or they at least weren’t listed with the other TW stuff) but he had them back up now. They look really heavy duty and connect to both pinch bolts instead of just one bolt like every other strap ring. 20 bucks.

View attachment 214857
Several years ago, someone on the forum was selling a like tie down that included LED driving lights. The lights work great for tight night time trail work since headlights light up far distances and these are designed to light up at the tire contact point out to maybe 20' or so.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Several years ago, someone on the forum was selling a like tie down that included LED driving lights. The lights work great for tight night time trail work since headlights light up far distances and these are designed to light up at the tire contact point out to maybe 20' or so.

View attachment 215339

View attachment 215340
That’s actually a great idea. While not as elegant, you could simply get a second set of the Manrack tiedown rings and double them up and then you would have a great location for mounting some small LEDs like that. Longer Hardware may be required though. The cool thing about having the high fender mount is when you get these tiedown rings, you no longer need those spacers.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just thought I’d make a quick post to correct myself, the manracks fork triple clamp strap rings are not thick enough to replace the spacers in the Procycle high mount fender bracket. I tried installing it using just the strap rings and it ended up bending the bracket slightly. The bolts that came with the high mount fender bracket were actually a little bit too short, so when I added the strap rings I had to get some larger bolts. M8 1.25x50.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts