TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new 2016 TW200. Nothing unusual except it's the fourth TW I have owned since 2007. Somehow I have been able to convince myself I don't use it enough and sell them. About two weeks later I regret the decision. So I chose to buy new 2016 TW, I will do all the mods AGAIN and this time keep it. I brought the TW home today with one mile and have already logged 65.
Any Tw riders in the Santa Clarita Valley let me know. There are some great trails in the area.

·
Registered
425 Posts
helluva lot Mo' fun than the heavy road glide aint it? :D

hell I bought a CBR1000RR a year ago and I always end up having more fun riding my hard-beaten crf230l with 24k miles. I think ill be trading the 1k for a supermoto.... a wr250x sounds nice!

I saw a local wr250x with 57k miles....just oil changes and the basics. sounds like rock solid reliability for a somewhat high strung ~25hp 250 single.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just purchased a new 2016 TW200. Nothing unusual except it's the fourth TW I have owned since 2007. Somehow I have been able to convince myself I don't use it enough and sell them. About two weeks later I regret the decision. So I chose to buy new 2016 TW, I will do all the mods AGAIN and this time keep it. I brought the TW home today with one mile and have already logged 65.
Any Tw riders in the Santa Clarita Valley let me know. There are some great trails in the area.
Next time you get the urge to sell it do what my wife told me... put it someplace out of the way and forget about it, then when you get the urge for another one you'll already have it !

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
It appears as if there WAS something wrong with you. It sounds like textbook insanity. You now seem cured since you have learned your lesson and plan to keep this one. :D

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yea, good idea. At some point you face the facts. I have the most fun on my TW? Maybe not too cool but who cares.

As for the not too cool statement....in who's book? I think the folks that consider themselves true adventure riders somehow think they have to have huge expensive bikes to have fun and they consider themselves "cool", who cares?

Like a kid who has more fun playing with the box that an expensive toy came in, I can have more fun on a goofy little bike than many other's have on their "cool", expensive bikes. It's all perception and perspective. Heck, I pride myself on having three bikes for the price of one KTM or BMW.

Cool bikes or not....in my mind, I think this looks pretty darn "cool", and I don't care what other's think, to each his own.

V-Star, TW and Triumph.jpg

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've had four TW's myself with this newest one my 2013 bought with only 65 miles on her last fall. It was newly purchased and the guy bought too small.

I ride my Harley when I need a cold weather bike or over the highway but not for fun.

I ride my Moto Guzzi when I'm feeling my Italian roots.

I ride my TW when I just want to have fun.

Love the T-Dub.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Are you telling me I'm not cool?????? Well, you just don't know "cool".

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Hey Blake, I was just messin' with ya! lol I should have included an LOL. But I do think TW's are "cool". Just sayin'.

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
I guess I hit a nerve. Not cool to those who don't understand is what I meant to say.
I find, with people who don't understand motorcycles and such, that the least impressive and/or ridiculous a bike is, the more people love it. I have never once have someone say anything good, bad, or otherwise about my CBR or the Buell when I had that- but people let me know all the time that they think the TW is cool. For example just the other day some guy told me he 'thinks them old dirtbikes is rad' and he loves what I've done to it. I failed to mention that its the newest bike I own by far, and that the only thing I've done to it is raise the bars slightly. And when i ride my MB5 I get bumrushed in parking lots and people honk and roll down their windows while driving or at stoplights to tell me how cool I must be.

So- what I've learned is if you want to be cool, buy the least cool thing you can find. [Honda EZ90 is next on the if-one-comes-up-hurry-get-it list for me]

·
Registered
230 Posts
I find, with people who don't understand motorcycles and such, that the least impressive and/or ridiculous a bike is, the more people love it. I have never once have someone say anything good, bad, or otherwise about my CBR or the Buell when I had that- but people let me know all the time that they think the TW is cool. For example just the other day some guy told me he 'thinks them old dirtbikes is rad' and he loves what I've done to it. I failed to mention that its the newest bike I own by far, and that the only thing I've done to it is raise the bars slightly. And when i ride my MB5 I get bumrushed in parking lots and people honk and roll down their windows while driving or at stoplights to tell me how cool I must be.

So- what I've learned is if you want to be cool, buy the least cool thing you can find. [Honda EZ90 is next on the if-one-comes-up-hurry-get-it list for me]

I've had the exact same experiences when riding my T-Dub. In fact that was what attracted me to it. Prior to owning a T-Dub I had no experience with them, while shopping for a new bike I saw the usual line of 21" wheeled dirt bikes at the local Yamaha dealer and one stood out in the line with a fat 18" front tire. My brain was instantly transported back to 1961 at Ascot Park watching the TT races with their 4.00/19 wheels. Told the sales person "I'll take that one". Most fun bike I've ever owned!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Wish I were close.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I have a Goldwing a 1500 Vulcan, a 110 Honda trail and 3 Tw's. The most fun is the TW and the folks that ride them. Sure for that long trip the GW is great, the Vulcan keeps up with the Harleys on special rides, but still the TW is King.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts