TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 TW and put new tires on it. It seems I have okay brake pads, but it is hard to adjust the front brake, and I wonder if the cable has stretched. Is there a spec on this? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,706 Posts
Dell – you can always move the cam arm around a bit more to take up the slack – but if you’re running on a 25 year old cable my advice would be to replace it anyway

Especially on something as important as the front brake …………….

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I was thinking the same thing about mine the other day. I emailed MotionPro about having a new cable made (longer) so I could add another riser... that plus a longer clutch cable. They now want $48 each for custom cables. Gack. Prices have gone up!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good, thanks. The cable seems sound; no fraying. My first instinct is to move the nubbin, but I value myself just a bit to much for DIY behavior on the front brake! Even minor repairs to the human body don't compute well with a 30-some $ cable...
If the cable turns out to be stretched, I might just do shoes as well so I don't have to get into it for a while.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure does! 50 5/8 is what mine is. I put 8000 miles on it but don't know about the age. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts