TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an aftermarket muffler that's quieter than stock. Does such a thing exist?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Not that I know of. You can search threads where hunters and such have worked to silence the exhaust... only to find that the engine itself is a noisy rattling machine, so there is no such thing as stealth mode on a TW. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Some folks around here have had success with a 45 degree elbow (I think 1 inch ID but check) attached with the outlet facing down to reduce noise slightly. Get a copper one to look snazzy!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Yup copper pipe 45 elbow and angle down. The sound is directed to the earth and the bike is a lot less noisy. Also, a stainless steel header pipe made a difference on mine as well. Skid plate with a closed cell foam pad between the motor and the plate quieted things too.

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
Induction roar, misc mechanical and drive chain rattling can all be better appreciated with improved exhaust note muffling. One of my TWs has this second industrial muffler attached to the stock muffler. This something OP can readily accomplish since no quiter aftermarket pipes seem to be available. Wave.jpg
I recently removed 1" copper 45 degree elbow from the other TW as it actually made the exhaust note louder for the operator, something not reported for those who use 3/4" copper 45 degree elbows. Odd.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'll send you the one I just took off my 2000, it's quieter than the new stock 2013 I just put on. Maybe because of all the rust you can hear rattling around inside, possibly muffling the noise a little.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts