TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All-

New to this forum. Just picked up a mint 1992 TW200 with 1100 miles on it this past weekend. I love it!

After doing a little more research I am a little confused about what year i have. from the pictures i have been able to find online it appears the gas tank on my bike is from 1989, but the rest of the bike is a 1992(vin number and year on stem all match, title is a 1992 and the seller advertised it as a 1992)

Other models from 1992 have pink on the tank. again, my tank looks just like the 1989 models not the tanks that are on 1992 models.

Does anyone know if i am missing something here? The person i bought it from was the original owner(75 years old now, bought it for his wife to ride around in the yard back in the day) and left it bone stock. I have all the original paperwork as well. Of course they could be yanking my chain but this bike is too nice and I believe the seller.

Let me know what yall think from the pics I have. tw1.jpeg tw2.jpeg

Read Only
Go find the VIN. It's on the steering neck [or on the title]. Count to the 10th digit. Report back here what that digit is, and you will then be informed of the year of manufacture.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Its for sure a 1992 model. I called the buyer back because i had to know. Turns out he replaced the tank with a new OEM tank from 1989. So its a 1992 model with a 89 tank. I knew i wasnt crazy when i thought something was up! The bike is still in mint condition with only 1200 miles. Not too shabby for a bike almost 25 years old.

Registered
1 - 9 of 9 Posts