TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;) For all you who hate California and can't wait for it to fall into the ocean here is one more nail for the coffin : Miles and miles of water carrying flumes just great for hiking and biking along, most open to the public. Many initially built for hydraulic mining, carrying timber, or agriculture. Here is one near our Gerry, Mr.Gizmo in Paradise. Had no idea his stomping grounds were so gorgeous.

·
Registered
20,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We have some ancient but active wooden flumes along the Truckee Rivera few miles away. That they leak a bit is evident in the winter.. images-38.jpeg images-36.jpeg

·
Registered
638 Posts
WOOT, Toyota Previa:victorious:
I have a 1990, pushing 250,000 miles, weirdest,most solid dependable vehicle i have ever owned.
Oh, and nice path too. Cali has a mess of old rail trails also.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
How interesting. Just a few more memories. Have done a fair amount of walking on the flumes, but only one bike ride. The grating is not very wide. Ok for walking, but you really have to pay attention when on a bike. Something like a motorcycle would change and in my opinion, ruin the dynamic. Some friends talked me into tubing a section and through a tunnel. Pitch black, saw nothing. Spiders hanging from the top of the tunnel, who knows. Is there always enough space between the level of the water and the top of the tunnel so you can always breathe. There was for our group, but no one thought of this as a variable worthy of researching. Were there any drops or diversions that might take an unsuspecting tuber to China or some other dimension. Another question none of my fellow adventurers felt compelled to ask. This was one of those, 'a friend of a friend said it was scary, but fun'. Paradise does offer lots of adventure opportunities. Gerry

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
WOOT, Toyota Previa:victorious:
I have a 1990, pushing 250,000 miles, weirdest,most solid dependable vehicle i have ever owned.
Oh, and nice path too. Cali has a mess of old rail trails also.
It's a sports van. Supercharged, mid engine, rear wheel drive, needs to be taken mostly apart to repair anything- it's basically pretty much sort of just like something almost like a Ferrari.

Super Egg FTW!

·
Registered
20,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a buddy who toured all over Baja with one of those Previa Attrac Eggplants and loved it. Here is a nicely modified one:

·
Registered
638 Posts
As long as this tread is hijacked,
Our previa is sort of a gold brown color, and being the shape it is we have always just called it the potato, or occasionally space potato.
With the bench out it has a nice flat bed for sleeping in. hooks in the floor make nice tie down points. i have moved a couple of pianos in there. My wife often loads it up with 4 x 8 sheets of ply or dry wall. they fit just right in the back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts