TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Theres a 230 kit on the bike and its running lean up top. I need to buy a new main jet for it so it stops popping and falling on itself at WOT.

I was looking at this thread.

http://tw200.forumotion.com/t152-tk-carb-main-jet-needle-spacing-change

And I was wondering if I can buy those jets at a Yamaha or most bike parts dealers? A few threads here made it seem like gaskets and jets were hard to find for this carb.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Visually it looks the same, I'm not sure if there might be a TTR230 carb that is visually the same but different in the guts. I suppose it wont matter so long as I can get different jets, I guess the bigger question is can you get ones that work with stock TK carbs at the Yamaha dealership?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Visually it looks the same, I'm not sure if there might be a TTR230 carb that is visually the same but different in the guts. I suppose it wont matter so long as I can get different jets, I guess the bigger question is can you get ones that work with stock TK carbs at the Yamaha dealership?

The TTR230 uses a much bigger carb and manifold. As far as I know the only other possibilty would be an XT225 carb. Have a dealer run the numbers.

I run the old style carbs so I can't help you with jet sources. I do have a CV carb here, but mine is a Cali carb and the numbers are completely different. I'm sure you'll get more answers than you bargained for very shortly.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Double post. Too much coffee.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
... I guess the bigger question is can you get ones that work with stock TK carbs at the Yamaha dealership?
Most dealers have a box of dozens of jets that their mechanics use. You may be able to talk them out of one or two... for a price.

If not, read Qwerty's Carb Tuning thread for jet part numbers:

http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/647-carb-tuning/

Ordering them online may, or may not be less expensive, depending on the postage.

jb

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most dealers have a box of dozens of jets that their mechanics use. You may be able to talk them out of one or two... for a price.

If not, read Qwerty's Carb Tuning thread for jet part numbers:

http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/647-carb-tuning/

Ordering them online may, or may not be less expensive, depending on the postage.

jb

I saw that, hopefully the current jet is smaller than the Aussie one and maybe that will do the trick. It kinda sucks that the retailers seem to have tons of other after market ones and no one has confirmed that any of them work despite them saying they're universal.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
288-14343-68 is a #136 jet used on the TY350, TT600, and current XT250.

288-14343-70 is a #140 jet used on the BW350, TY350, and XT600.

288-14343-73 is a #146 jet used on the TY350.

288-14343-75 is a #150 jet used on the TY350.

See the part number pattern? I think 185 (#170) is as rich as Yamaha uses.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats awesome, thanks much for that. You should toss that in the tuner post too.

I'm guessing

288-14343-66 would be the #134 jet?

With these possibly being on different brand carbs would the thread pitch and size work with ours just fine?

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Best I can tell, the last two numbers are the size of the hole, and all the rest of the numbers being the same means the jets are the same other than the hole. Might want to check with someone a bit more knowledgeable about Yamaha parts than me.

I don't know if a #134 jet is available. The bigger the last pair of numbers in this series of jets, the wider the gap between available part numbers. Go to one of the online parts vendors and plug the part number 288-14343-66 in their search engine and you'll find that is the number for the #132.5 jet, which I think is stock on TWs in Australia.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts