TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
image.jpeg Welcome aboard CBTW. I use the Cycleracks both front & rear . Their rear rack is awesome . If I were to do it again I'd look for a different front rack .
With theirs anything that you put on the rack blocks the headlight. Also the front fender comes very close to the rack when the suspension is compressed & could interfere with that.
I've seen others that put the rack above the headlight & that's the way I'd go if I did it again.
Just a heads up : )))

·
Registered
840 Posts
View attachment 127801 Welcome aboard CBTW. I use the Cycleracks both front & rear . Their rear rack is awesome . If I were to do it again I'd look for a different front rack .
With theirs anything that you put on the rack blocks the headlight. Also the front fender comes very close to the rack when the suspension is compressed & could interfere with that.
I've seen others that put the rack above the headlight & that's the way I'd go if I did it again.
Just a heads up : )))
I found one that has the rack above the headlight and it works great! It is angled aluminum a guy on ebay makes them - very solid and lightweight. It's nice to have a large rack up-front (a joke there somewhere?) I usually keep it empty with 2 bungies - great for bringing home groceries or an 18 pack......or "must have" stuff you find out while exploring the woods.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I found one that has the rack above the headlight and it works great! It is angled aluminum a guy on ebay makes them - very solid and lightweight. It's nice to have a large rack up-front (a joke there somewhere?) I usually keep it empty with 2 bungies - great for bringing home groceries or an 18 pack......or "must have" stuff you find out while exploring the woods.
Sounds like a great front rack! Got a pic or link?
#GYG

'13 TW200

A.T.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i built mine out of some aluminum stock from home depot and some small screws cost less than $20 and an hour or two of time to get it fitted right. you just do a little cutting and drill some holes and it bolts on with the existing bolts, one on the top of the forks and the bottom bolts onto the two bolts below on your forks. use angle for the sides and flat stock to put across the top. I don't have a pic but its pretty simple to build and keeps the headlight free

·
Registered
634 Posts
Considerations on a front rack:

above headlight = headlight functions without being blocked, but depending on load could adversely affect steering
below headlight = headlight functions in a blocked manner, but lowers the weight in front.

Since I'm assuming most people don't transport bricks of lead on the front, the adverse steering thing probably isn't an issue. When I had a front rack, it was daytime use for extra firewood hauling. Obviously, no use at night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts