TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The photos of the engine removal/dismantling in the manual I have are very poor quality and I am not confident ripping apart the motor to find the source of my broken gear tooth. This will be my first engine rear down and was wondering if anyone has a better reference material. Was thinking of getting the cyclepedia but thought I would ask here first for direction. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
When I tore down and rebuilt my TW226 6-speed, I made notes and took pictures of the sequence of the disassembly so that I could just reverse the order when it came time to reassemble it. I also used different sized ziplock bags to keep various parts and their related hardware together to keep them from getting mixed up. Since I did this over about a 6 month period, this really helped me to make sure that it went back together correctly. I had to refer to the pictures quite frequently, especially for the transmission reassembly.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'm just a little chicken to tackle this on my own but my curiosity is getting the best of me and need to know what I need to do to move forward because you f that tooth. I will document / label everything as you suggested. Just need to setup my workspace as my ADD gets the best of me

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
For good quality disassembly photos I would research old posts by forum members here.
Admiral, TW-Brian and others have all posted better pictures than any manual that I have seen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts