TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
TW200's are like 4 leaf clovers, there out there but not always easy to find. I truly hope that you have more luck with this post because if my wife was planning on buying me a TW I would hope someone would help her out! Although since I'm in Canada I can't be of much help and all I can tell you is as a rule the usual advice is to watch Craigslist, FB Marketplace or check with any local dealers. Best of Luck!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I have been scoping FB Marketplace like a hawk, and found one in SC for a stellar deal but it sold very fast. Craigslist does not have much. I found this forum and thought everyone would pretty helpful!

·
Registered
34 Posts
the usual advice is to watch Craigslist, FB Marketplace or check with any local dealers. Best of Luck!!
I'll second that and add be prepared to drive a ways. I'm in the middle of the state and looked for a good while before I found mine. I was hoping for one in a little better shape than the one I found, but I got tired of looking. Act fast if/when you find one as they go quick.

Mike

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
My husband has been wanting a TW200 for several years now, so I would love to surprise him with one for Christmas! Please help a wife out! Thanks!
WOW...what a great wife! You have any single sisters?

There is also an active TW200 group on Face Book...you might also check in there.
Good hunting!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
it's a great time of year to buy especially between thanksgviing and New Years but deals are usually either being held or sold in 45 minutes from listing on CL so be sure to have the envelope of green cash in hand and the truck gassed up ready to roll much like a volunteer firefighter lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My husband has been wanting a TW200 for several years now, so I would love to surprise him with one for Christmas! Please help a wife out! Thanks!
WOW...what a great wife! You have any single sisters?

There is also an active TW200 group on Face Book...you might also check in there.
Good hunting!
Lol! Actually, I do and she likes motorcycles! Thanks for the Facebook group info. I'll try there and hopefully FB doesn't show that I joined that group or my husband will see it!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
If you don't already know about it, try Search Tempest. It's what I use to search multiple Craigslists. I can see a few decent deals within 200 miles of Charlotte but they may be too high/far away, just depends on what you're able to do.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Im on the border of Arkansas and Tennessee wife and I could meet you half way in Tennessee . 2006 . Blue with 3,825 miles and climbing as i still ride it. $2000 cash At the bottom of this page you can see i have too many motorcycle and i just like bigger bikes not much on pictures but find a blue one on some other posts and thats it. Has a very small impression on the left bottom of the gas tank where a child was sitting on it . Thats ok , but when 3 tried to climb on it fell over . Kids are fine . Took me months to even see the dent . Paint was not even broken. . Wasn't even my kids and of course they did not ask . Reason i bought it was a friend of mine that could not ride bigger bikes because of short legs needed a riding partner . Sadly 3 years later he died suddenly from natural causes. BTW most new bikes come with electric starters on . I added a kick starter and now it has both electric and kick. A common mod that adds $$$ BTW i am 70 years old and been married to the same gal for 52 years.

you will need a truck and if it does not meet your specs We will just turn around and go home . no questions and no hard feelings . Bring a new TW along to compare . LOL Garage Kept. I would like to keep the Xt350 tank as a member wants to modify it to fit another bike

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Im on the border of Arkansas and Tennessee wife and I could meet you half way in Tennessee . 2006 . Blue with 3,825 miles and climbing as i still ride it. $2000 cash At the bottom of this page you can see i have too many motorcycle and i just like bigger bikes not much on pictures but find a blue one on some other posts and thats it. Has a very small impression on the left bottom of the gas tank where a child was sitting on it . Thats ok , but when 3 tried to climb on it fell over . Kids are fine . Took me months to even see the dent . Paint was not even broken. . Wasn't even my kids and of course they did not ask . Reason i bought it was a friend of mine that could not ride bigger bikes because of short legs needed a riding partner . Sadly 3 years later he died suddenly from natural causes. BTW most new bikes come with electric starters on . I added a kick starter and now it has both electric and kick. A common mod that adds $$$
That is a good deal for a 2006, which is one of my favorite color schemes!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im on the border of Arkansas and Tennessee wife and I could meet you half way in Tennessee . 2006 . Blue with 3,825 miles and climbing as i still ride it. $2000 cash At the bottom of this page you can see i have too many motorcycle and i just like bigger bikes not much on pictures but find a blue one on some other posts and thats it. Has a very small impression on the left bottom of the gas tank where a child was sitting on it . Thats ok , but when 3 tried to climb on it fell over . Kids are fine . Took me months to even see the dent . Paint was not even broken. . Wasn't even my kids and of course they did not ask . Reason i bought it was a friend of mine that could not ride bigger bikes because of short legs needed a riding partner . Sadly 3 years later he died suddenly from natural causes. BTW most new bikes come with electric starters on . I added a kick starter and now it has both electric and kick. A common mod that adds $$$ BTW i am 70 years old and been married to the same gal for 52 years.

you will need a truck and if it does not meet your specs We will just turn around and go home . no questions and no hard feelings . Bring a new TW along to compare . LOL Garage Kept. I would like to keep the Xt350 tank as a member wants to modify it to fit another bike
Where would you want to meet?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Guess we would just start driving and keep in touch by cell phone . My wife loves tennessee but being a older girl we stop alot . so we just keep driving till we catch each other or as we get closer you might want to meet at walmart or the police station if it makes you feel safe Phone number 870 257 4774 cell 870 847 3315 leave message if not at home . I screen my calls . Get tired of telling sales people and supporting and the senate..

ofcourse i am home nowscreening my calls and as i am a school bus driver i get off work for Thanks giving , Wednesday to the following monday . But the timing is mostly up to you and if you are lucky you might find a nice one closer .

Norman and Cher Heimberger
41 wahoo drive
cherokee village Ar 72529

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you still in search? What exactly are your deal makers in ur TW search?

I would like for it to be 2000s, no more than 1,500 miles and hopefully no more than a neighboring state away. Thank you. There is one at a dealership but that was bought at auction but are having difficulty getting the title and can't sell it until they have the title, so I am working on that.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Some people can destroy anything in 1500 miles . Not changing oil , Cheap oil . leaving in back yard in the weather. Running knee deep in mud . I think everyone whats a kick start option .I believe there were no factory Kick Starters in the 2000 era . But then you know your man

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 1997 motor has been rebuilt/ bored up. Everything is there it would probably be more work than you want to do? I live in Greenville NC message me if ur interested

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts