TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got word from Honda East Toledo{Maumee, Ohio} that the 2014 T~Dub that I ordered has arrived....not bad, the order was put in with Yamaha 2 weeks ago today....probably will take Thursday and head the 100 miles north up I-75 to bring it home....story, photos, and first thoughts coming up later in the week....Looks like it will be in the upper 50s to low 60s Thursday and Friday....so I may get it out real soon after bringing it home.:cool:

·
Registered
19,432 Posts
Exciting news, congratulations. Especially nice is that weather may let you ride soon rather than just sitting in your garage making "vrooom" noises.It sounds like your Yamaha dealer is treating you well. Looking forward to seeing post of your happy face astride new Hoot Scoot.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
You are fortunate that your dealer was willing to order--TWs come in pairs and don't sell very well to walk-ins, who want the latest and greatest. Face it, those of us who cherish TWs are an odd bunch.
"Face it, those of us who cherish TWs are an odd bunch." Hey! We resemble that remark!:D

Congrats Hoot!

GaryL

·
Registered
143 Posts
They were a great dealer to work with. I ordered my 2004 drz from them in late 03. They shipped it to BWI airport here in MD still in the crate. Best price. No haggling. Maybe I will order my next Tw from them. Because you have to have more than one. Right!!!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
We are not odd, just unique.....like everyone else!
No, I am the only one of me. Sometimes I think even that is one too many.

They were a great dealer to work with. I ordered my 2004 drz from them in late 03. They shipped it to BWI airport here in MD still in the crate. Best price. No haggling. Maybe I will order my next Tw from them. Because you have to have more than one. Right!!!
Good dealers are hard to find. When I find a good dealer, I shop on line and print off what I find, then take everyone else's deals to the dealer and let them try to meet or beat. I think a good dealer appreciates the opportunity to compete straight up. I've even had a couple dealers tell me where even better deals than I found or they can provide are available. A dealer who becomes temperamental because I won't blindly pay inflated prices gets no business from me.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, I shopped around, within 200 miles in Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan...these guys {guy named Tad} came through for less than some were willing to come down on left over 2013s and tossed in the rear rack with no labor cost, and a bottom line that I had to grab....and even at 2 hours up the Interstate, if I need warrently work, it's only a toss in the back of the Pick-Up, and that I can live with.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats Crashking....the tw seems like a perfect bike to take your MC Endorsement with, of couse it's been 40 years since I took mine on a Kawasaki 250 dual....so my memory might be just a bit "fogged up" :) and of course I have not yet ridden the T~Dub....but hopefully by this weekend that case will be closed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got word from Honda East Toledo{Maumee, Ohio} that the 2014 T~Dub that I ordered has arrived....not bad, the order was put in with Yamaha 2 weeks ago today....probably will take Thursday and head the 100 miles north up I-75 to bring it home....story, photos, and first thoughts coming up later in the week....Looks like it will be in the upper 50s to low 60s Thursday and Friday....so I may get it out real soon after bringing it home.:cool:
You are a stronger man than I. I would've been in my truck as soon as the word came that it had arrived. LOL. I'm happy for you and hope you enjoy your new TW.

·
Registered
503 Posts
congrats Hoot! Its just about warm enuff to ride her home. Then you could do your metal draining/oil change as soon as you get home. Just a thought....
Tim

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Maybe we need t-shirts with a picture of Hoot's new bike over the words "Just a little odd and loving every minute of it." The'14 graphics and colors are sweet. I'd have to paint the hubs, frame, and skid plate black and anodize the spokes and nipples, then add a black rack and hand guards.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts