1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Troppo costoso per me! 624 euro, mama mia! That is possibly enough to fund a XT225 6-speed engine transplant for a comparable but less peaky increase in performance.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Check ProCycle.com for FMF & DG pipes.
I'm very satisfied with my FMF.
ProCycle has many cool things for TW200s...

Many will tell you all you need is your stock/OE ugly black cast iron tractor muffler that sounds much like a Singer sewing machine!
Others will tell you they love their aluminum FMF or DG mufflers. Both come with U.S. Forestry Service approved spark arrestors. They sound great, look cool and are 6 lbs. lighter than OE.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
For a cool expensive exhaust system get a turbo. You'll get that cool whirring sound and it will pull hard at the top end where the TW starts lagging.

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
The only way you'll get more low end torque is by getting a native TW225

If you try to fit the six speed 225 engine in , with the drive shaft extention, you'll still loose that low end torque by gaining a gear (sounds strange, but it's true)

I'm surprised at the aversion to importing to the states - after all, it's (the TW225) a well documented bike, and should easily pass the emissions tests - the only problem I can see that it may need "certificating" as the bike is a stranger to yiour country ....

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
So...Like 100 mph top speed now? Worth it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, I ended up liking this setup a little too much. I found a better online deal and bought the full set. Since there's not too much to be found online in terms of look and sound, I made a video after installation today:

Where did you get the pipe?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts