TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

· Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No, nothing to do with my (or yours) feet or boots.

If you enjoy watching others motorcycle travels via YouTube, then I highly recommend her. Her being Itchy Boots. Great story of her past, and her story telling is on point IMO. She eats some great looking food, and sees some amazing sights. She's ridden some amazing terrain on multiple bikes (2 RE Himalayans, CB500x, CRF 250L, and CRF300L Rally). She even names her bikes.

She's currently on the 300 Rally heading to Alaska from South America, and prolly is in California about now. So, you West Coasters keep your eyes peeled...might catch a glimpse of her. (y)

Does 3 vids a week (M, W, F). Over the last few months I've caught up on watching all her vids. She's currently on Season 6. Check her out! Don't think you'll regret it.

YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/c/itchyboots

Picked a random vid:

· Registered
709 Posts
Noraly is amazing. She was in Australia finishing her PhD in geology and got side tracked exploring on a motorcycle and never looked back. She radiates a positive attitude that can only be achieved with practice. Imagine being happily exhausted after each day of your life. She is impressive. More times then not she doesn’t know where she will sleep or where her next meal will be. Amazing confidence and courage. She’s fun! Dirts a Flyen SanDue🙄🙂

· Registered
1,747 Posts
Thanks for posting the link, Speedy.
I've seen a couple of her videos.
She is courageous, fantastic attitude, resourceful, habla espanol muy bueno and finds some great places to eat and to stay overnight...not to mention a good rider.

That mud section was gooier than I would have tried. She is fortunate it was not a longer section and that tree branches were available.

I've gone uphill in ~12 inches of snow, with mud under the snow from it melting, walking the bike (CT2) under power, on a single track somewhere on San Emigdio Mountain, a distance from civilization, shirt off, sweating extensively. Not so bad once conquered, but not so fun while working through it.

· Registered
131 Posts
No, nothing to do with my (or yours) feet or boots.

If you enjoy watching others motorcycle travels via YouTube, then I highly recommend her. Her being Itchy Boots. Great story of her past, and her story telling is on point IMO. She eats some great looking food, and sees some amazing sights. She's ridden some amazing terrain on multiple bikes (2 RE Himalayans, CB500x, CRF 250L, and CRF300L Rally). She even names her bikes.

She's currently on the 300 Rally heading to Alaska from South America, and prolly is in California about now. So, you West Coasters keep your eyes peeled...might catch a glimpse of her. (y)

Does 3 vids a week (M, W, F). Over the last few months I've caught up on watching all her vids. She's currently on Season 6. Check her out! Don't think you'll regret it.

YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/c/itchyboots

Picked a random vid:
Damn she is awesome she is a true rider and brave,
ill be watching her for sure, not to mention she is pleasing to the eyes ! jusayun

· Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been watching Noraly for years! Baldy interviewed her 2 years ago, and it's an awesome story !!

I overheard few peeps talking about her at the Gathering of the Goats Rally back in May in N.C. Checked her out few days after returning home, and ended up watching Season 6 up to current, then started binge watching from the very beginning of Season 1 through Season 5, and caught up few days ago.

Be interesting to see where all she goes, and what sights she sees. As mentioned in my previous post above....fairly sure Grand Canyon will be one of them.

· Registered
33 Posts
Worth binge watching as she rides her Himalayans thru places I really wouldn't want to go (and I've been in some pretty nasty places in the navy). I don't think she's yet in the states though, still motoring thru Baja for a few more days, worrying about being able to get parts like air & oil filters. Bet she'll be surprised once she hits the border!

· Registered
4,320 Posts
Love Noraly but I worry about her riding alone in what I think are crazy places I remember she was in Iraq as I recall pointing to the other side of a big river and saying that was Afghanistan and that she was told to avoid that country lol

I found her channel about the time I traded for a Himalayan and while it was a great riding bike I was shocked she could handle that beast in the crazy remote areas she traveled

I am also surprised how well known she is I also tell people about her and have found I am the only person who hasn't found here lol

she has a captivating spirit much like WonderHussy Adventures (Sarah) they are both addicting to watch

· Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My worry is her bike may get stolen while in the states staying in motel/hotel. Seems after binge watching all her previous seasons, she was staying in hostels seems 90% of the time, and majority of time they had some sort of secure parking. Here she'll most likely be in cheaper motel/hotel, like her first night in the states. It looked shady just watching her vid.

Maybe she'll get some offers on her social media from others to stay at their place she can take advantage of.

· Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love Noraly but I worry about her riding alone in what I think are crazy places I remember she was in Iraq as I recall pointing to the other side of a big river and saying that was Afghanistan and that she was told to avoid that country lol

I found her channel about the time I traded for a Himalayan and while it was a great riding bike I was shocked she could handle that beast in the crazy remote areas she traveled

I am also surprised how well known she is I also tell people about her and have found I am the only person who hasn't found here lol

she has a captivating spirit much like WonderHussy Adventures (Sarah) they are both addicting to watch
I have a feeling she has a few sources (other world moto travelers), when needed, providing her good info/intel on where NOT to go. She's mentioned it in past seasons vids.

· Registered
33 Posts
I too am amazed that a relatively small person like her could wrestle her Himalayan like she clearly did. I'm 6-2, 250 lbs, and I struggle with mine. Those things are serious motorcycles, and my little Tdub weighs 153 lbs less. And yeah, we worry about her bike being stolen, although she seems to stay away from cities as much as she can, so the problems should be less. And I notice she tries to find places where she can secure her bike behind locked gates & walls.

· Registered
569 Posts
I've been addicted to her videos for some time now.... even have a couple of her neck gators, stickers and a new design neck gator ordered. Once you start watching you'll be like me, rush home from work on Monday, Wednesday and Friday to watch her latest video. I dream I will be out riding on a forest road, wearing her neck gator and run into her.... what a long shot.... I wouldn't dream of actually trying to track her down because she has made it very clear she is a solo rider. I sure hope she doesn't have people stalking her while she's in the states. She has made this her job and she is amazing, far better than anyone else when it comes to content and her spectacular aerial views. She's fearless but does take precautions when necessary. I'm certain she's battling the heat right now because she really seems to favor traveling through deserts and was thoroughly enjoying our deserts in her last video.

· Registered
4,320 Posts
Yep; just rode thru Joshua Tree yesterday, probably headed for the Grand Canyon. After all, she's relatively nearby, why miss it?
I watched her ride from San Diego on the 22nd it's great to see her in our stomping grounds and she seems to really be giggly happy with what she has already found and as we all know there are places that will likely blow her mind coming up soon!

we should have offered to show her some great spots on her trip utilizing several of our prolific forum Aces to guide her

· Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
for sure! She's going to be spending a lot of time in the states if she expects to hit lots of them. I wonder if she'll just head north. After all, it's almost August, and Winter comes early in the PNW, not to mention Alaska!
Yeah, wondering the same. Alaska's the goal, so she may just head on up. She can always plan another trip back to cover the rest of the US & Canada. We shall see.

Right now, just wondering if she has the Grand Canyon in her plans since it's the largest, and she's already visited #'s 2 & 3. You know Yellowstone has gotta be high on the list to see.....but whether it's this season :unsure:.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts