TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I watched her ride from San Diego on the 22nd it's great to see her in our stomping grounds and she seems to really be giggly happy with what she has already found and as we all know there are places that will likely blow her mind coming up soon!

we should have offered to show her some great spots on her trip utilizing several of our prolific forum Aces to guide her
If she did that....she'd have no shortage of peep's willing to tour her around. She'd NEVER be solo.

I see her point though....she's doing her thang, and her thang only! :)

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Hell I'll giver her a nice late model TW if she rides it for a season !

she commented on her July 22nd San Diego ride that she had very high mile rides planned for some time so that could mean a cannonball run to AK or just miles and miles in the western USA it will be fun to see !

I'll be rolling out of Federal Way WA any day now heading back to Prescott so I'll be watching for a CRF300 Ralley with blonde hair sticking out of the helmet ;-)~

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Her blog is several weeks behind. I read on another forum that she is already in Alaske.
jb
Just read some of that as well....possibly same forum. Seems logical with seasons within the US mainland then Canada, Alaska.

I'd assumed she was a few days ahead of her vids. I understand there's a lot to editing vids, etc., just assumed she had a system of doing so, and stayed on top of it. Guess, that's what I get for assuming. Maybe I should just wonder instead. :)

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Well that would explain her comments in San Diego that she had some crazy long rides ahead of her

i wonder if Alaska is the end of this season and she ships the bike back to the Netherlands or if she starts riding back south before winter kits

With the shear amount of riding she has done I can’t blame here if she wants a break I mean riding is fun but she has got to be road weary

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Ever wonder how much she earns from her travels?

jb

Reactions: Snow Fox

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Special appearances by two (person & thing) in this episode. Won't spoil anything in case some of you are watching her. Some may be familiar with the person.

Keep your eyes out beginning @ 20:12 in the vid for a special appearance by ?.......has an interesting rack as well.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
a little off topic but here are two of my youtube heros ie heroins these are both captivating gals who really give entertainment there all

Sarah -n- Tuned is an amazing x military diesel technician who basically can do anything mechanical and always with artistic flare

And Sarah #2 (yes I do love the name Sarah with or w/o the "H") but check out WonderHussy if you enjoy exploring the backwoods of the SouthWest USA

I love running their youtube channels while I'm working around my shop it's great company and entertainment

I have to add one more smart girl lol Dr Hannah Straight is just the right kind of TomBoy playing with all the off road toys and yes she even gold prospects in her bikini on occasion

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
I know we heard rumors she was already in Alaska last week but I doubt thats the case after her injury and playing around MOAB I bet she's still in the states even now
Over on ADVRider several posts that someone claimed spotting her in BC Canada semi recently having her bike serviced. Many are saying vids are 4-6 weeks behind. Just what I've read over there. Doesn't matter, just have to watch the vids like she's here, and see what happens. :cool:

Really surprised to see who picked her up in her recent vid. Didn't see that coming. :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Over on ADVRider several posts that someone claimed spotting her in BC Canada semi recently having her bike serviced. Many are saying vids are 4-6 weeks behind.
I read that too. In the most recent episode she crosses the LaSal mtns from Moab into Colorado, riding through aspens just budding out and bits of old winter snowpack. I would guess this was in late May or June, yet she comments that she regrets not having time to backtrack to see the Grand Canyon because "Alaska is getting into winter." Sure, sure. ;)

It was fun watching her ride Chicken Corners, recognizing it from my own ride last year with Trial Run. Looks like she'll be in the Telluride area next episode.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I read that too. In the most recent episode she crosses the LaSal mtns from Moab into Colorado, riding through aspens just budding out and bits of old winter snowpack. I would guess this was in late May or June, yet she comments that she regrets not having time to backtrack to see the Grand Canyon because "Alaska is getting into winter." Sure, sure. ;)

It was fun watching her ride Chicken Corners, recognizing it from my own ride last year with Trial Run. Looks like she'll be in the Telluride area next episode.
Yep, think you're right. I figured GC would've been on the list "to see". Hate she'll miss it this go around, but suspect she'll be back in the near future, there's lots to see in the good 'ol U.S. of A. Luckily for her the ankle injury seemed to be minor, only staying with Ed for a week, and that test ride she was standing a bit riding through whoops.

Now I wonder if Yellowstone is coming up in a few vids. HAS TO BE!! 🤞

·
Registered
2019 TW 1987 TW 2001 XR250
333 Posts
Thanks for posting the link, Speedy.
I've seen a couple of her videos.
She is courageous, fantastic attitude, resourceful, habla espanol muy bueno and finds some great places to eat and to stay overnight...not to mention a good rider.

That mud section was gooier than I would have tried. She is fortunate it was not a longer section and that tree branches were available.

I've gone uphill in ~12 inches of snow, with mud under the snow from it melting, walking the bike (CT2) under power, on a single track somewhere on San Emigdio Mountain, a distance from civilization, shirt off, sweating extensively. Not so bad once conquered, but not so fun while working through it.
So glad a panther or some such predator didnt get her when she struggled in the mud so long.

·
Registered
597 Posts
In her latest video, she notes that she will be generally heading NW thru Wyoming. I think it's likely she'll pass through the Tetons & Yellowstone, though it may be getting too busy in her timeline. Too bad Trail Ridge Rd was closed the day she wanted to cross. It's much more scenic than Cameron Pass IMO.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts