TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
As for Alaska....I wondered if she goes on to Deadhorse, but unlikely since she doesn't put in high mile days, nor camp.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Looks like she made it through Yellowstone before the floods came through. Did anyone else notice that the grizzly she encountered was slowly but steadily coming right toward her when she finally took off again?
Yeah, that wasn't the smartest move to hang around letting Mama bear get that close.....IMO.

Imma "push the boundaries" kinda guy at times, but I'd given a little more separation to Mama Grizz & cubs. :)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I have enjoyed several of her later videos; disappointed only with a couple events:

1. After she inured her ankle on the hill climb to Valley of Fire, she stayed in Overton. She went around Lin's Market (very nice independent market) in a handicapped scooter. As she leaves, she comments that there is only a McDonalds...but directly across the street, next to the TrueValue is The Inside Scoop, a family owned sandwich and ice cream shop. Three generations can typically be seen in there. They may not know my name, but they know my favorite flavor of ice cream! How could Norally miss that? (Yeah, her ankle was hurting)

2. Riding up long inclines (Colorado?), she got a red light (probably engine temp) and did not know what it indicated, nor did she stop. Fortunately, the light went off after cresting the climb.

If she is truly solo, how does she get the long range drone videos of her riding?

Nonetheless, excellent footage of so many areas.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Yeah, that wasn't the smartest move to hang around letting Mama bear get that close.....IMO.
I was hugged by a black bear cub at Yellowstone back when rangers did not separate tourists from the bears (circa ~1960?) and let the bears beg for food. My mom told my dad to stop frequently for photos, but did she have a camera in hand then?....NO!

I have chased black bears away from camp at Table Mountain in Llano, CA and more than once at Lodgepole campground in Sequoia National Park, but brown bears (Grizz) are a much different animal. I would give them as much space as I would a polar bear.

However, I doubt Norally would have been charged unless mama perceived a threat to her cubs. OTOH, papa might have charged just for sport.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
So, any of you Idahoians know a Roger around Avery, ID? Someone buy that nice fella a beer! :cool:

Not gonna lie....I thought she might've been going to run into @admiral when I saw those trees on the trail. His long lost brother maybe? 😁

·
Registered
685 Posts
So, any of you Idahoians know a Roger around Avery, ID? Someone buy that nice fella a beer! :cool:

Not gonna lie....I thought she might've been going to run into @admiral when I saw those trees on the trail. His long lost brother maybe? 😁

I think you and me need to talk Marty into a trip to Idaho 😀

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Looks like she made it through Yellowstone before the floods came through. Did anyone else notice that the grizzly she encountered was slowly but steadily coming right toward her when she finally took off again?
funny I was getting nervous watching that scene the bear can run shockingly fast with full 4 PAW Drive and about 1000 BHP (Bear Horse Power) on the Dyno lol

I'm not confident the fully laden CRF could out run the Bear on those road surfaces and I don't want to test it

·
Registered
2019 TW 1987 TW 2001 XR250
333 Posts
funny I was getting nervous watching that scene the bear can run shockingly fast with full 4 PAW Drive and about 1000 BHP (Bear Horse Power) on the Dyno lol

I'm not confident the fully laden CRF could out run the Bear on those road surfaces and I don't want to test it
Ever stalled a bike?🐻🍴🥩

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Noraly aka ItchyBoots just posted her final video of the Alaskan Adventure she calls it ItchyBoots the Movie and it's 1 1/2 hours showing her ride to Prudhoe bay

3 years and surviving crazed covidiots in foreign countries that almost wanted to lynch her

41 - 60 of 74 Posts