1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
106 Posts
Funny how the NFL changes it's tune when it gets bit in the wallet. Disrespect my flag and I'll disrespect you...HARD. But it's to little to late. I'll make em suffer another year. I got a lot more done last year when I was returning the disrespect by tuning them out. This year I'll devote the time to finishing some more projects.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Good luck with that decision, NFL. Now half of America is going to stop watching football in protest to this.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
NFL- National Felons League! You can take a Thug out of the Ghetto but you can't take the Ghetto out of the Thug. Give these fools a million dollar salary and the first thing they buy is a soap box from which they disrespect the very ones who are paying their way.

GaryL

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
What a lot of people forget is these guys are not fire fighters,police or e.m.t's. Nor are they trying to find a cure for cancer. They are just playing a game! Why listen to some one who chases a piece of leather around a field? Heck a dog will do the same thing for a lot cheaper and no one listens to them.

·
Super Moderator
5,312 Posts
It’s a bit of a dichotomy when the team owners have to decide between buying success by pampering their players, and subsequently losing their sponsors

Then you have the players losing personal sponsorship for what they believe in — which is a bit more honest (I believe that shooting yourself in the foot is allowable in a democracy)

The (rather obvious) trouble begins, when no-one else will touch these players with a bargepole, and thus they lose their influence, and disappear into the background

The irony being that they had money and influence when in the game, but by putting the game into disrepute, the game (effectively) is going to disown them — no one’s going to support a team that stays in the dressing room during the anthem

If you tried that over here, both the club and the players involved would be sanctioned — we (including the public) simply wouldn’t put up with it

But apparently in America, you have the individual right to behave as you please — and now you face the consequences of that

Every country has the right to protect or control their citizens freedoms as they see fit, but it seems that the NFL is about to become a victim in this case ……

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Every country has the right to protect or control their citizens freedoms as they see fit ……
I don't know that we Americans felt that way when a certain King tried to impose himself ;)

Reactions: olderthendirt

·
Super Moderator
5,312 Posts
This – from a bunch of people who dressed up as Indians to throw tea into Boston harbour, and then has some of their sports players using more body armour than the average biker

Besides, George the third was well known to have a mental illness, and (as usual), the Frenchists were just shit stirring – before retreating (also as usual) to the North. Almost as shoddy as the Italians, but at least they produced some decent motorbikes

One revolution later (it happens), and you have this situation with the NFL as a consequence

You deal with the NFL part of this, and we’ll take care of the French (we have a long running tradition of doing so, and as such, do not take kindly to anyone else, like Germany, trying to take away our chew toy)

Did I miss anyone ? ………

:D

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
This – from a bunch of people who dressed up as Indians to throw tea into Boston harbour, and then has some of their sports players using more body armour than the average biker

Besides, George the third was well known to have a mental illness, and (as usual), the Frenchists were just shit stirring – before retreating (also as usual) to the North. Almost as shoddy as the Italians, but at least they produced some decent motorbikes

One revolution later (it happens), and you have this situation with the NFL as a consequence

You deal with the NFL part of this, and we’ll take care of the French (we have a long running tradition of doing so, and as such, do not take kindly to anyone else, like Germany, trying to take away our chew toy)

Did I miss anyone ? ………

:D
Tell us about this Christopher Steel dude and all the London/Russian connections if you know more than we are hearing. Keep in mind our MSM only reports all the news they want us to hear.

GaryL

Reactions: TopPredator

·
Super Moderator
5,312 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Never heard of him before you mentioned him

Apparently he’s of Saudi origin, English educated, and now selling himself off to the Americans who have concerns over Russian influence

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/07/ex-british-spy-christopher-steele-interviewed-russia-election/

I suspect that (especially with anything to do with Trump), it will all disintegrate into smoke and mirrors in the end — fill in the blanks as you see fit …..;)
JJ should know I don't get worked up easily! I do however dig deep into all this deep state crap and often must go to back channels to get the real scoop. From what I am able to gather so far a lot of this stuff leads directly to London and operatives there and this will be coming out in the near future. Covert intelligence and politics are never a very clean business but much worse when ever the two mix. In all of this stuff we need to follow the money and not just the dollars already paid but the ones yet to be made and lost based on which American candidate became President. I think it is pretty safe to say that Donald Trump winning this election has rocked the entire world because only those of us here who made it happen were prepared for it. It was probably one of the biggest "Oh Shit" moments in the history of the modern world and that's exactly why they can't get over it and never will. The political bookies the world over lost their asses betting on the Clinton machine.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:) What, who... me?

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn Brits!

Reactions: Purple

·
Registered
9 Posts
I realize I will probably be in the minority but I feel the National Anthem should have no connection at all to sporting events. I am well aware of the reasons they originally started doing it. I think it should be used in honoring the Nation as a whole "Independence Day" or honoring returning or fallen soldiers, police and events like inaugurations. The connection to sports I understand it but don't agree with it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It's clear many here value the 2nd amendment much more than the 1st.

I agree with K. Bustion. Why is the national anthem played at sporting events anyway? I think this ritual trivializes our anthem.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I realize I will probably be in the minority but I feel the National Anthem should have no connection at all to sporting events. I am well aware of the reasons they originally started doing it. I think it should be used in honoring the Nation as a whole "Independence Day" or honoring returning or fallen soldiers, police and events like inaugurations. The connection to sports I understand it but don't agree with it.
Nothing wrong with that or voicing your opinion.

Reactions: Trail Woman

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's clear many here value the 2nd amendment much more than the 1st.

I agree with K. Bustion. Why is the national anthem played at sporting events anyway? I think this ritual trivializes our anthem.
I don't believe that's the case with most here but maybe I'm wrong. Certain subjects may get more attention though.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
If the league decided to drop the anthem altogether from the games it wouldn't bother me at all. The league plays it as if they are some sort of patriotic American sports tradition and then allows the punks to take a knee and for that reason they get zero support from me. A quick search of the criminal records of NFL players past and present will show you they are some trashy people on a whole so turning the games off was not a hard pill to swallow. I think if I am not mistaking only the US house of Representatives comes close to the criminality found in the NFL.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 47 Posts