TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, these photo not only show off my new Rokon, but prove definitly once and for all that I am, like my avatar, a gimpy old man with an accordion.
Now about the bike. It is a Rokon Ranger. Not to be confused with the older rangers, this one has everything that the top of the line trailbreaker has.
Plus, it is street legal. The older Rangers did not have the leading link front end, but were absolutely rigid front and back. This one also has a shock absorber under the saddle
for less butt pain. It has a whopping 7 horsepower Kohler engine and a transmission with 3 gears to select from. In granny gear, and it is indeed a granny,
It probably won't stop for anything it won't fall out of. It can skid logs, pull a plow or harrow, probably tow a jeep. The book says granny tops at 10 mph
but I don't believe that, but then It's not broken in yet so I don't want to scream it at warp speeds in granny yet.
In top gear it is suposed to go 35 mph at 36 hundred rpm. I don't know that either, it doesn't have the license plate on it yet, and I don't want to contribute to the revenue
enhancement patrol.
Nuff of the blather, here are some photos, don't get in a hurry, I can only post them one at a time.
BTW the box in the hack in my accordion which I use as a WMD. That's weapon of music destruction.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
You and Borneo need to trade photos of your "Rokon Rides" .....

·
Registered
282 Posts
That is about the coolest bike I've ever seen! Rigged out with rod holders and a big ass cooler that would be the sweetest surf fishing vehicle EVER!! The shorts with velcro sneakers were a nice touch too! ;)

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That is about the coolest bike I've ever seen! Rigged out with rod holders and a big ass cooler that would be the sweetest surf fishing vehicle EVER!! The shorts with velcro sneakers were a nice touch too! ;)

That's my ATGAT riding uniform.
You may note the cruel winter weather under my coconut trees that grew from coconuts I buried three years ago

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
So is it a 3 wheel drive?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I live at the cold frozen northern end of the biggest Hawaiian island. If you're going to live on a rock in the middle of the ocean this one is first choice.

Two wheel drive, the front and rear wheels.

You can be street legal on a Rokon in Florida now. This model not only has all the street legal stuff, it has a v.i.n. number that puts it in the street legal class instead of agricultural class. Note the high speed racing tires. That is one of the street legal things required for license.
The John Deere tires have more aggressive tread for off road but they won't get you a license plate in most states.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
You are one lucky boy!! It's beautiful! :cool: m.

PS: Weapon of musical destruction! You'd have a second home here in the Boont region, where the accordion players literally had a battle with the "Ukaholics". The battle was a close one, the accordions could have used you on their side. :( m.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts