TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

ITS ALIVE!!!!! buahahaha

7K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  yz250f4ever 
#1 ·
Ok So I am pretty sure I have finished my super moto build today, the last few parts came in yesterday and i got to install them today I am At least done modding it for a while now. I am content with how it looks and preforms now.I want to thank Ryan (point37) MR.b and brock for the help they gave me on mods, and tuning. anyways here is the finishing pics, tell me what ya think.

Anyways all the stuff I have done to the bike,

Garmin GPS with new ram mounts

maier rotor cover

Over sized pegs

IMS extended billet shifter (YZ250)

Edge 2 tail light kit

low profile WPS turn signal

RK chain

Sunstar 14

Sunstar 47 tooth

YZ450F engine plug to give it a little contrast on the all black motor.

Speed freak bar end mirrors

ODI rouge grips

Pro Taper ATV hi bars

Jimbo Shield

DG exhaust

Re-Jet 130 main

Shim mod

Polished the slide

Yamaha Rear Rack

New seat cover

Bridgestone 203/204 street tires

Power Madd hand guards

and a few other things I probably cant think of. But I am happy, It runs great now and looks cool I think.

See less See more
#3 ·
Looking pretty good!

But if you're looking to go full-motard, how about a high fender and an Acerbis Cyclops headlight? I've been wondering what that cyclops would look like on a TW.

#4 ·
Thanks Guys! Yeah i have thought about the high fender modd several times and think it looks great but I think the T-dub is unique with its stock low front fender. I also wonder how the cyclops light would fit on the T-dub. has anyone ever done it?

#6 ·
how about longer front forks and smaller front wheel surely for a proper super moto look?

#7 ·
Thanks tire biter.
and I agree dubstep that would give it that official flair but I have no idea what other sets of forks fit the TW.

#8 ·
looks great Alex!!!
...time to enjoy riding it!...how'd you end up mounting your tail light bracket?

also i had a buddy mount a cyclops ripoff headlight from ebay on his buell and it just melted the plastic lens

#9 ·
Thanks ryan! I took it on a quick 40 mile jaunt up into canyon lake yesterday. weather was perfect yesterday. The edge 2 light kit w/ bracket and hardware is a highly recommended buy. I mounted to the 2 bolts under the rear fender that hold that rear pad on the back down. All I had to do was measure the distance between the 2 bolts, then measure how far I wanted it under the rear fender. Mark the spots where I wanted the bolts to go on the light's bracket and drill. I did have to mod the license plate a bit to get it to fit on there but not to bad, just had to re-drill new mounting holes and file the very top center of the plate to get it to tuck up by the light, because before it was touching and wouldnt lay flush. The whole process from taking off the old light, re-wiring the new one and mounting it took me about 45mins, and its super sturdy.
That sucks about your friend buying that light, that would kinda tick me off buying something then it doesnt work how its designed. bummer.

#10 ·
hey ryan have you see that DRC makes the edge 2 in a programmable tail light mode? Its kinda cool, see here: EDGE 2 on WRX tail light

#14 ·
no i hadn't seen that...def looks pretty cool!...i have seen those type of integrated tail lights before but just never looked into them just to keep the bike a little more legal and i was also not sure how the blink rates work since they are leds (resistors/flasher relay)...clear alternatives made one for my old sportbike but i went with regular flushmount signals just so cops could see the signals

my next set of tires may be what you're running seeing as how i don't get to offroad much...hoping to get a little in this season though...if i like it i may be asking for your advice on my first legit dirt bike

enjoy ripping around on that beast!

#13 ·
Thanks everyone!
I love the tires they handle great my bike I built for 100% street use so as far as asphault and pavement the tires are great. You have an excellent point Mr.B, you and ryan think alike because he told me the same thing, I just mean I am done or a bit. next mod in the future will be a cam or something internal

#17 ·
YZ80 fork legs will fit.......

I only say that to ruin yer life. Misery loves company.

Same sickness, different symptoms..

#18 ·
Nice work.Looks great.What's next??

I love the look of those tires but I like to get too far offroad to run them.

Mine is an 03 also.....wasn't that the fastest year????

#19 ·
LMAO Lizrdbrth!! yz80 fork legs are now on order.....jk
but I am now thinking about it.
Thanks also dubster in the future I plan on doing a Wed cam but I am not worried about it and wont be for a while. Thats great yours is an 03 as well, and yes it was the fastest year it had the Red power band that year right? pretty sure red was the best.

#22 ·
Thanks ridgeline, both those parts are reasonably priced, and are great quality.

#25 ·
I did some research on the forum and found out the YZ250 shifter works perfect with the TW, so if you have a bigger shoe size like me (size 12 1/2) it really helps. Pretty sure the year shifter is 00-11. and on the fender I have thought about it many times to buy the raise kit. I think it looks great and yes I should do it because thats the look i am going for, but I think the TW is unique with its low style front fender when you raise it, its just like every other dirt bike ya know? idk just my .02, I will probably end up doing it later on but for right now I like the clean look of it.

#26 ·
Thanks frog
!

#27 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.