TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Interesting concept - retro is deffently pouplar today. Seems pricy for what is a 14 hp mini bike. You really want the look to spend 4000 - 5000 for one of these. Still very cool. I Agee having ridden the original 50 mph is a thrill to say the least.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I'd expect to see these gathering around local Starbucks. Hipsters and older folks the had them may jump at the opportunity.
While I'm a fan of the originals these do look pretty cool.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My brother had one of those back in the 60's. I used to ride it when he wasn't around. Got in to some sand on a dirt road at a pretty good clip. Front end started wobbling and down I went. Got some good road rash from that since I was wearing only a tee shirt and cut offs. It was fun, though.

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
Cool to see these again. Dad had one in 62. When he was out to sea for months at a time, I'd start it and play with it. He dumped it once crossing some railroad tracks. I still remember the road rash he had. He never had another bike after that and I couldn't wait to get one!! :p

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
My mom's best friends sisters son had one back in the sixties, I was able to borrow it for the summer of '65. It had a straight pipe which got me a ticket which got my restricted license suspended for one year or till my sixteenth birthday, whichever was the longer period. I had two wrecks before this, so this was my third violation in two years. Dad wrote to the state pleading my case, they sent my d/l back but my dad kept it till I turned sixteen. lol My dad was great. RIP DAD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts