TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, a BIG shout out to Admiral. Without his help I'd probably be still trying to get the rear tire mounted....

I decided to swap out my front and back tires today. For the front I went with the standard Shinko. You know the one.... :) No problems mounting that!

For the rear I went with the Maxis Cero. First impressions: 1) looks great, 2) rides incredibly well (I'd have to say smoother than the stock rear tire), and 3) eats dirt like no ones business. No issues mounting, seating, or inflating. Smooth sailing.....

Get yourself one!

PS the high temp tube silicone tube from muffler nipple is used to tone down the volume. Reducing running Db 4-7 pts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
That is one bad-ass look'in rear tire.
Anything special about the tube you put in for it?

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Tire should be Model #TM00096100 with nominal size designation of 26x9.00R14. A six ply radial. nominal inflated diameter of 26.5 inches and a section width of 8.7 inches. Tread depth is 23/32 inches

Maxxis also offers the Ceros for 14 inch rims in both a 25x10R14 and a 26x11R14 but I believe both are too wide for use with the stock swing arm as well as not providing adequate chain clearance.

Nootka’s photo shows how very little clearance there is between a stock swing arm and tread blocks on right front of swing arm.

Nice! Time for me to ditch my worn out Duro PowerGrip for one of these. The Duro’s square profile takes some getting used to and does not transition into and out of corners as well as a more rounded tire profile.

So not bead trimming, no special mounting tricks?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Looks to me like the adjuster snails are 1/2 way out and if you just got a new chain and are on the first divit, The tire may have clearance issues and you may need 1 more link,
I am not sure as I am only looking at the picture,

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Ok,details? You used a huge bottle of Astroglide and after you were done with her you went out to the garage and mounted your tires? I know Mrs. Admiral can be be demanding so He keeps a generous supply around for dual sport purposes. I wonder why Cycle Gear hasn't started to stock it since it works so well for mounting tires.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok,details? You used a huge bottle of Astroglide and after you were done with her you went out to the garage and mounted your tires? I know Mrs. Admiral can be be demanding so He keeps a generous supply around for dual sport purposes. I wonder why Cycle Gear hasn't started to stock it since it works so well for mounting tires.
Funny...reserve the Astroglide for other tight spots.

Bead breaker from Harborfreight. Soap and water to get her back on.... Ordered from Amazon

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks to me like the adjuster snails are 1/2 way out and if you just got a new chain and are on the first divit, The tire may have clearance issues and you may need 1 more link,
I am not sure as I am only looking at the picture,
No new links and plenty of clearance...no shaving required.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts