TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The season when walking or working in your yard is dangerous.Those crazy bombers have us in their sights.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Carry nothing less than a .410 to deal with those critters.

My mother used to put us kids under cast iron pots to keep us from being carried away by them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Might be one place where those half-shell lids would be useful.

Never understood why hard-hats lack a chin strap to keep them on.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Never understood why hard-hats lack a chin strap to keep them on.
Because protective heard gear that has a strap is a helmet and comes under a whole different set of regulations than a hat. It's a government boondoggle thing that's impossible for mere citizens to understand, so we just have to trust the government experts to make us do what is best for us.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
....... It's a government boondoggle thing that's impossible for mere citizens to understand, so we just have to trust the government experts to make us do what is best for us.
Jesus, the next thing you know they will force cowboys who like chin strings on their hats for the wind to wear a DOT approved Cowboy hat! Fortunately very few OSHA guys ever get on a horse.:p

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Cowboys don't have to worry about OSHA. When an OSHA person gets on a horse all he or she can do is demand a seatbelt until they get so excited the girth strap he or she forgot to tighten because he or she was too busy documenting saddle height to determine if hand rails would be required on the boarding ladder lets the saddle slip and the spring loaded retention devices he or she demanded to prevent foot escapement from stirrups keeps him or her from parting company with the now inverted saddle and the repeated kicks to the head as the horse trots along renders him or her unconscious and otherwise qualified to serve in congress.

Reactions: Dave-o

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought you meant she thought the squirrel would think you were NUTS:eek:
And the pots would protect you from the acorns.
So it works for both.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
You want the helmet to move to displace the energy , no different than combat lid .
Depends on the engineering. Movement absorbs energy, whether energy is expended accelerating mass or destroying structure, that energy that is required will not reach the head behind.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Nothing better in the morning. Squirrel gravy and biscuits

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
This thread prompted me to take a tour through some of the videos I've seen before about squirrel catapults.

Some are home made contraptions, but I believe the original one I ever saw was just some bait on the business end of a remote controlled skeet launcher. :eek:

Reactions: qwerty

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Yup, video works. You've got a bunch of hyperactive squirrels. I hope you don't have a metal roof like on my shack. Napping is impossible, and you will be up at first light. Do you not have any deer to clean up the mess?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts